Supporters out in force for Ikea's inquiry
- Those golden oldies are still goodies. Greene, Michael // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p74
Comments on the indispensability of basic business principles in the furniture industry and trade of the United States. Constancy of the attitude of consumers; Adaptation of the Internet on traditional business practices; Notions on business planning.
- Williams Import enlarges again with eye on future. Cornell, Halley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/8/2001, Issue 322832, p21
Reports the expansion of furniture industry Williams Import in the United States. History of the business; Purchase of a business site by the company; Number of employees working in the company.
- Preparing to expand. Dover, Clare // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p6
Gives financial pointers for furniture retailers considering to expand their business.
- Dublin kitchens growth. // Cabinet Maker;10/06/2000, Issue 5208, p4
Reports the expansion plans of furniture retailer Christians of Ireland in Dublin. Impact of the unprecedented consumer demand on the expansion; Plans of offering home office furniture and fittings; Utilization of profits accumulated on quality furnishings.
- Fast-growing Campbell Sales fills a void for dealers. // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p43
Reports the marketing strategy of leather furniture retailer Campbell Sales in the United States. Upgrade of furniture quality; Reduction of furniture prices; Offer of first-rate delivery of furniture.
- Welcome to Retail Planning Guide 2002. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;12/31/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p2
Focuses on the retail planning guide 2002 for the furniture industry and trade in the United States. Provision of information to develop successful strategic plans; Identification of business growth opportunities; References for investment purposes.
- Outsiders continue to come and go. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;12/17/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p43
Comments on furniture business survival in the United States. Comparison on the knowledge of neophytes and veteran businesses; Observation of short-term companies in the furniture business; Expansion of financial investments by Lifestyle Furnishings company.
- Stokers to build its largest shop. // Cabinet Maker;11/30/2001, Issue 5265, p2
Reports the business plan of stokers to build the purpose-built furniture stores in Great Britain. Location of the store; Date of construction; Number of branch store operating in the country.
- Dallas trades big oil for furniture. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;06/18/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p8
Focuses on the impact of oil trade on the furniture industry in Dallas, Texas. Creation of jobs at all salary levels; Plans of Plano and Frisco on the construction of furniture stores; Business expansion of Weir's Furniture Village.