Landmark bans stop with md
- people on the move. // Furniture/Today;11/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p28
Reports on executive appointments in the furniture and retail industries in the United States and Canada, as of November 2000. Millennium division of Ashley; Elite Leather; Serta; Americraft Leather; Daniel Lynch Sales Co.
- Grow joins Ladlow's team. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;3/22/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p4
Reports that furniture manufacturing executive Dan Grow has moved to the retail side, joining Ladlow's Fine Furniture of Scottsdale, Arizona, as president. Plans to acquire an ownership stake in the store; Career history of Grow; Growth of the furniture industry.
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2005, Issue 5446, p9
Presents the opinions of executives on the CBI's worst retail sales figures in 22 years and on how to improve the retail sales figures of their company in the next 22 years in Great Britain. Brian Gowans, proprietor of Brian Gowans; Tim Grinnell, chairman of Lee Longlands; Bharat Joshi,...
- Seamans, Holliman named top leaders. Jarrett, Vicky // Furniture/Today;8/19/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p4
Reports on executives named as top leaders in the U.S. furniture industry in 2002. Top retailers; Top furniture companies; Growth targets and strategies.
- Sharper Image files Ch. 11. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;2/25/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p36
The article reports that Sharper Image Corp., a catalog, store and online retailer, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware. Human Touch, a massage chair manufacturer, is listed as Sharper Image's 7th biggest creditor in the bankruptcy...
- Mattress chain exiting Ch. 11. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the bankruptcy of furniture retailer Mattress Discounters Corp. in the U.S. Reorganization plan of the company; Total number of stores owned by the retailer; Expansion plans of the company.
- Two in global sales roles at Theodore Alexander. // Furniture/Today;12/19/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p8
The article reports that high-end case goods and upholstery manufacturer Theodore Alexander has named Werner Freundel country manager and director of business in China; and Meera Kakar as regional sales manager for the Indian market.
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p9
Presents comments from executives on their projection on the possibilities of major retail closure by the end of the year. Number of respondents who agrees that there will be closures; Possible reasons of the closure; Number of respondents who disagreed.
- Lord Kirkham will stay if his bid for DFS fails. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p3
Reports on DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham's takeover bid for the Great Britain furniture store chain. Plan of running the company even if his offer fails; Worth of the offer.