Crunch talks on 10% pay demand
- TUC's Work Your Proper Hours Day on 1 March. // Podiatry Now;Mar2013, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p11
The article informs that TUC will celebrate the ninth year of its campaign Work Your Proper Hours Day which celebrates hard work of employees who always work extra hours without being paid, on March 1.
- Higher wage costs, or less unemployment? Stutely, Richard // Accountancy;Aug1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1092, p33
Reports on wage, trade-union, working time and other employment trends in Europe as of August 1984. End of the strike by the IG Metall engineering union in Germany in July 1984; Unions' call for shorter hours; Flexible working deals in Belgium; Proposed increase in holidays in Holland; Early...
- With Tweaking, Unions Can Remain Beneficial. Landon, Maria // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/9/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p48
The article focuses on labor unions in the U.S. It is said that unions are responsible for reasonable working hours, good conditions and decent wages being enjoyed by the greater number of U.S. middle class that are not being realized. Enhancement of relationships with businesses where union...
- Gist deal reduces drivers' hours. Nash, Sally; Sheppard, Guy // Commercial Motor;8/7/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5040, p10
Announces a deal concluded by the United Road Transport Union with Gist which will reduce the working hours of truck drivers in Great Britain. Information on the four-on, four-off scheme; Benefits of reduced work hours to truck drivers; Annual salary of the truck drivers.
- MERAS Midwifery Staffing Standards For Maternity Units. McIlhone, Bernard // Midwifery News;Dec2009, Issue 55, p18
No abstract available.
- Unions braced for a pay battle over the Tories' seven-day NHS pledge. Kleebauer, Alistair; Comerford, Cathy // Nursing Standard;5/13/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p7
The new Conservative government will press ahead with plans to introduce a seven-day NHS by 2020.
- UNION WAGE POLICY AND THE SUPPLY OF LABOR. Ulman, Llyod // Quarterly Journal of Economics;May51, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p237
This article analyzes wage policy of a trade union in the U.S. It is the purpose of this article to investigate the effects which may be exerted upon the wage policy of a trade union in a given industry by different conditions under which labor is supplied. In his pioneering study of union wage...
- Rulings Decisions Problems. // Labor Law Journal;Mar55, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p196
The article focuses on the United Automobile Workers (UAW) are making strong representations for the installation of their plan of guaranteed employment. Under this plan all workers will be guaranteed a certain number of weeks of pay, depending on the worker's seniority. The UAW plan says that...
- NOTE TO A HIGH-SCHOOL SENIOR (CLASS OF 1962). // Saturday Evening Post;2/17/1962, Vol. 235 Issue 7, p80
Comments on the contract won by the New York Local 3 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Wage of a union member for a five-hour work per day; Limitation of fifteen hours of overtime in a week; Comparison of the wage of the electrical workers with other professions such as...