Crunch talks on 10% pay demand
- TUC's Work Your Proper Hours Day on 1 March. // Podiatry Now;Mar2013, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p11
The article informs that TUC will celebrate the ninth year of its campaign Work Your Proper Hours Day which celebrates hard work of employees who always work extra hours without being paid, on March 1.
- Higher wage costs, or less unemployment? Stutely, Richard // Accountancy;Aug1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1092, p33
Reports on wage, trade-union, working time and other employment trends in Europe as of August 1984. End of the strike by the IG Metall engineering union in Germany in July 1984; Unions' call for shorter hours; Flexible working deals in Belgium; Proposed increase in holidays in Holland; Early...
- With Tweaking, Unions Can Remain Beneficial. Landon, Maria // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/9/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p48
The article focuses on labor unions in the U.S. It is said that unions are responsible for reasonable working hours, good conditions and decent wages being enjoyed by the greater number of U.S. middle class that are not being realized. Enhancement of relationships with businesses where union...
- NOTE TO A HIGH-SCHOOL SENIOR (CLASS OF 1962). // Saturday Evening Post;2/17/1962, Vol. 235 Issue 7, p80
Comments on the contract won by the New York Local 3 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Wage of a union member for a five-hour work per day; Limitation of fifteen hours of overtime in a week; Comparison of the wage of the electrical workers with other professions such as...
- MAN on brink of hours accord at Offenbach. Hawkins, Tom // Printing World;11/4/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 7, p14
This article reports that MAN Roland Inc. is on the brink of reaching an agreement with union representatives to increase working hours at its loss making Offenbach sheetfed plant and save costs. Talks were ongoing between the press manufacturer's HR department and the workers' council, but a...
- Academics are the poor cousins of graduate professionals. // Education (14637073);4/13/2007, Issue 264, p3
The article reports on a study which found that academics are underpaid and overworked compared with other graduate professions in Great Britain. Released by the University and College Union (UCU), the study claimed that academics work longer hours than the average graduate, but earn around...
- Gist deal reduces drivers' hours. Nash, Sally; Sheppard, Guy // Commercial Motor;8/7/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5040, p10
Announces a deal concluded by the United Road Transport Union with Gist which will reduce the working hours of truck drivers in Great Britain. Information on the four-on, four-off scheme; Benefits of reduced work hours to truck drivers; Annual salary of the truck drivers.
- MERAS Report. McIlhone, Bernard // Midwifery News;Dec2010, Issue 59, p18
In this article, the author discusses the two percent salary increase under the multi-employer collective agreement (MECA), by Midwifery Employer Representation and Advisory Service (MERAS). The report on the Midwifery Workforce Retention project provides an overview on how to increase midwifery...
- MERAS Midwifery Staffing Standards For Maternity Units. McIlhone, Bernard // Midwifery News;Dec2009, Issue 55, p18
No abstract available.