Emotional Mechanisms Underlying Personal and Creative Development
- Experimental Philosophy. Suvorov, A.V. // Journal of Russian & East European Psychology;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p67
The article analyzes precisely what aspect of science brought psychologists Evald V. Ilyenkov and Aleksandr Ivanovich Meshcheriakov together, although they worked in such seemingly different fields that have nothing in common. An attempt is made to define the prospects for the practice of...
- Inspiring Others. Lukaszewski, James E. // Public Relations Strategist;Spring2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p20
The author reflects on the ability to positively influence others through motivation and inspiration. He states that inspiration comes from three basic sources, including verbal skill, day-to-day behavior and redirecting one's life toward those things that help a person acquire an ability to...
- Adjusting the Program to the Child. Washburne, Carleton W. // Educational Leadership;Dec1953, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p138
The article analyzes efforts of schools to meet a wide range of differences in abilities, interests and development represented by children. The facts are that children differ widely in their rate of maturing, and that each child's rate of maturing in some functions differs from that same...
- Different Determinants of Task Persistence and Growth Satisfaction: Affective Responses to Performance, Planning, and Job Characteristics. Bottger, Preston C.; Woods, Murray A. // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Dec88, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p303
We question the assumption that short term motivation and longer term professional growth satisfaction are functions of the same factors. Task persistence, a key index of motivation, is shown to be an inverse function of depression in response to setbacks, a positive function of planning and is...
- Human Creativity: Its Cognitive Basis, its Evolution, and its Connections with Childhood Pretence. Carruthers, Peter // British Journal for the Philosophy of Science;Jun2002, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p225
Explores the cognitive basis, evolution and relations of human creativity with childhood pretense. Assessment of creativity and pretense; Correlation of language and creativity; Evaluation of pretense and motivation.
- Dialectics, Trances, and the Wisdom of Encouragement. O'Connell, Walter E.; Gomez, Efrain A. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Dec90, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p431
Studies the degree of maturity of a person based on individual dialects and trances. Interaction processes of an individual; Stages of a person's creativity and discovery; Discussion of the concept of self-esteem infusion.
- Democratic maturity: Our most critical educational goal. Cassel, Russell N. // College Student Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p102
Describes a democratic maturity test in education. Test structure; Parts of the test; Assessment of personal maturity and social integration.
- Advice that may not come in Handy-but not always. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week (01419285);9/26/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p17
Comments on case studies presented by management expert Charles Handy at a marketing event to manage creative people in Great Britain. Strategy followed by Morgan Stanley to motivate its creative people; Comparison of large corporations and small enterprises by Handy with elephants and fleas;...
- The Achievement Motive and Education. Knowles, Gerald // Educational Leadership;Dec1969, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p311
The article presents a discussion on the structuring of a comprehensive and predictive theory concerning motivation in the formal education setting. The most significant research and theories concerning motivation in the educational process were in relation to various components of intrinsic...