Vision Brings GE, Vivendi Together
- NBCU Synergy Touted. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;5/17/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p8
Presents information on the merger between Vivendi Universal and National Broadcasting Co. (NBC Universal). Details of the merger; Objective of NBC Universal; Personnel changes.
- Advertisers sense opportunity in NBC pact. Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;9/8/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 36, p1
This article presents consensus among media buying executives that a merger between Vivendi Universal and National Broadcasting Co. will create opportunities for advertisers in the U.S., specifically NBC Universal, Viacom, AOL Time Warner, News Corp., and Walt Disney Co. The deal gives...
- NBC Universal aims for integrated front on ad sales. Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;5/17/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the creation of NBC Universal by NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment in May 2004. Forecasted revenue of the company for 2005; Broadcast and cable networks combined by the company; Personnel changes resulting from the consolidation.
- NBC-VIVENDI DEAL WOULD MAXIMIZE VALUE OF BOTH PLAYERS' ASSETS. Mermigas, Diane // Television Week;8/25/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p12
Looks at the prospect facing General Electric Company's (GE) National Broadcasting Co. Inc. on its bid to acquire Vivendi Universal Entertainment. Factors attributed to the shift in control of the merger deal; Potential benefits of the merger deal to GE; Issues surrounding the deal; Comments...
- Wright Zeroing In on Key Positions. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p1A
Reports on the views of National Brodcasting Corp. (NBC) Chairman and CEO Bob Wright on who will possibly run the merged company between General Electric's NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment. Background on the definitive agreement; Expected cost savings and the balance result of revenue...
- Committed But Not Engaged. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 36, p45
Reports on the effort of General Electric to eliminate the options of Vivendi Universal Entertainment without actually committing to buy it. Entertainment assets of the NBC; Foundation of the derivatives market; Acquisition of InterActive's USA Network and Sci Fi Channel by Vivendi.
- On Paper, What's VUE Worth? Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p33
Talks about the negotiation between Vivendi Universal SA and General Electric Company's National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) television unit for the purchase of Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE) by NBC. Components of the valuation of Vivendi for VUE; Terms of the deal; Estimated total cash flow...
- AN NBC FILM FESTIVAL? Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);9/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the equity deal signed by General Electric and Vivendi Universal to merge NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment in September 2003. Value of the deal; Benefits of the deal to NBC; Importance of the television business and the film library of Vivendi Universal.
- AN INTRIGUING MERGER. // Film Journal International;Oct2003, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p4
Speculates on the impending merger between Vivendi Universal and General Electric, as of October 2003. Significance of the deal to the entertainment industry; Benefits of the deal for the National Broadcasting Co.; Predictions on the 2003 revenues of other media companies.