U.S. Capital Markets
- MONEY TALKS. BAKER, LINDA // Oregon Business Magazine;Oct2013, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p16
The article offers information on 39-year-old Rukaiyah Adams, an investment manager. Adams started working for Portland, Oregon-based financial services group Standard in 2012 as capital markets manager. She was appointed to the Oregon Investment Council in 2013, where she invested 100 billion...
- An Energy Boost For RBC Capital. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/16/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 33, p11
Reports on the plan of RBC Capital Markets to enter into the U.S. capital market. Effect of the company's entry into to the U.S. capital market to its operations; Status of the company in the debt market; Developments under the company's financing.
- Some Anticipating Exits From Money Market Field. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;5/16/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 95, p7
The article discusses the amount of money which was taken out of money market accounts in April 2008. Speculation which has been raised regarding a possible change in money market accounts after almost $80 billion was taken out of money market accounts in April 2008 is discussed. The amount of...
- Prices Halved On Muni Letters of Credit. Sargent, Carloyn // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/23/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the influence of foreign investors on the municipal letter of credit business in the U.S. Contribution in bringing cheap pricing and lax terms; Identification of foreign banks penetrating in the market; Entry of pension funds into the municipal credit market.
- BEHAVIORAL ELEMENTS IN CAPITAL STRUCTURE MANAGEMENT. Učkar, Dean // Conference Proceedings: International Conference of the Faculty ;2012, p168
The issue of determination, or even the mere existence, of optimal capital structure is for a long time the subject of interest for the scientists and financial managers. Significance of appropriate capital structure combination is reflected on capital costs decrease and lower costs of financing...
- Disappointment looms in LIC land. McCormick, Daminic // Money Management;12/11/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p15
Provides an outlook on the market trends in the listed investment company (LIC) sector in Australia as of December 11, 2003. Additional complicating elements that overlay a standard managed fund; Advantages of the LIC structure over unlisted managed funds; Features of LIC; Views on the inherent...
- Banks' Bond Portfolios. // China Commercial Banking Report;Q1 2008, p24
The article presents the performance of the financial services industry in China. As of 2006, the country's commercial banks' collective holdings of bonds amounted over $685.9 billion. It suggests that commercial banking systems can be exposed to bond markets if the holdings are above 20% and...
- Capital's Available, But It Will Cost You ... Davis, Paul // American Banker;9/29/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 188, p1
The article discusses the costs associated with selling common stock in the capital markets. Discounts which being offered by various companies, such as Capital One Financial Corp., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and First Niagara Financial Group Inc., to investors who purchase common stock are discussed.
- Cut and thrust. // Money Marketing;11/13/2008, p39
The article discusses issues related to base rate cut in the financial services industry in Great Britain. It highlights the move of finance companies to raise tracker rates by as much as 0.5 percent. It mentions the disappointment of the British government towards the act of lenders and the...