The Latest on IPOs (1/1/03-12/31/03)
- Tech Shops are Partying Like It's 1999 (Again). // Bank Technology News;Aug2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the renewal of merger and (M&A) acquisition activity and initial public offerings in the financial services sector. M&A deals completed in 2004; Improved stock valuations resulting from the rebounding capital markets.
- Brogue traders. O'Donnell, David // Lawyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 49, pIR4
Reviews the activity in the Irish corporate market following the economic downturn in 2002. Mergers and acquisitions; Initial public offering; Stock market; Public-to-private transactions; Venture capital; MBOs.
- Signal weakens for Verizon as it tries wireless IPO. Mcdonald, Michael // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p74
Reports the stock performance of Verizon Communications Inc. in the United States. Impact of the initial public offering for wireless units on the company stocks; Merger with other companies; Information on the revenues generated for the first half of the year 2000.
- Consolidations, spinoffs shape business climate. // Fairfield County Business Journal;02/28/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the trends that will shape the business climate in Connecticut in 2000. Volatility due to Internet stocks; Shortage of capital for non-Internet initial public offerings; Mergers between banks, insurers and brokers; Competing takeovers by consolidating industries before deals are...
- China Calling. Maia, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;3/27/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p30
The article reports on the popularity of reverse mergers on Chinese companies looking to get a U.S. stock listing. Chinese companies use the reverse merger to avoid some of the regulatory barriers in seeking an initial public offering. Daniel K. Donahue, a partner with Preston Gates & Ellies LLP...
- Financial. // Crain's New York Business;07/05/99, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p24
Presents graphs showing the performance of New York City financial services recent as of 1998. Initial public offerings by industry; Securities employment; Wall Street profits; Mergers; Banking jobs; Foreign buyers of city companies.
- Financial Services Boom To Continue. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses the general state of the Latin American market as of June 2011. It suggests that the number of financial services in the region will see a dramatic increase over the next several years. This projection will reportedly be due to the current, growing number of its middle...
- Industry Update: North America. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;January 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p2
Reports on updates relating to the financial services sector in North America as of January 2004. Royal Bank of Canada's acquisition of UnumProvident's Canadian business; Griffiths McBurney and Partners' plans in hiring up to 100 brokers in expanding its investment-adviser network after it...
- ING Issues IPO Prospectus for Canada Unit. Bloomberg News // American Banker;11/1/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 210, p23
Reports that ING Group NV of Amsterdam filed a preliminary prospectus for the initial public offering of its Canadian unit. How the company use the proceeds to fund its acquisition of Allianz AG's property and casualty unit in Canada; Details of the initial public offering.