FOR THE PRIZE
- BIG PROMISES--AGAIN. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/20/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p28
Focuses on the sudden surge in investment and financing interest to the U.S. alternative energy sector such as the acquisition of Zilkha Renewable Energy LLC, one of the largest wind-power development firms, by investment bank, Goldman Sachs & Co. Claim of detractors, who suffered from previous...
- SWOT Analysis. // Goldman Sachs Group SWOT Analysis;Apr2005, p5
Provides a business analysis of Goldman Sachs Group Inc., a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services to corporate and government clients, as well as to institutional and individual investors, focusing on its strengths,...
- Goldman's Pain, Morgan Stanley's Gain. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p7
Reports on the rise of Morgan Stanley to the top spot in the equity market. Competition with Goldman Sachs; Factors contributed to the growth of Morgan Stanley in the equity market; Differences in Morgan Stanley and Goldman's business practices; Effectiveness of Morgan Stanley's marketing program.
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Goldman Sachs Group SWOT Analysis;May2014, p1
The article profiles The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., a global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Topics covered include the areas where the company operates, its financial performance during the fiscal year that ended December 2013, and analysis of the strengths,...
- Goldman Goes Shopping. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;5/10/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p120
Considers possible Goldman Sachs acquisitions in the wake of its scheduled May 1999 initial public offering. Aspects of the bank's business that could be fortified by acquisitions, including asset management; Criteria for selection; Companies that fit the parameters.
- Some See Policy Shift As Goldman Backs A Client's Hostile Bid. Weidner, David // American Banker;4/7/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 65, p6
Reports on how Goldman, Sachs & Co.'s move to advise and finance United Rentals Inc.'s hostile bid for Rental Service Corp. has fueled a debate over Goldman's mergers and acquisitions strategy. Previous deals in which Goldman advised United Rentals; Level of competition among investment banks...
- Goldman Sachs: Leveraged Buyouts Have Disappeared from Wall Street. Pfeuti, Elizabeth // AiCIO News;2014, p1
The article focuses the investment banking firm Goldman Sachs research report concerning absence of leveraged buyouts (LBO) despite a thriving mergers and acquisitions (M&A) environment from the financial industry of the U.S. Report further highlights trend of LBO activity deviating from the...
- Goldman, HSBC to market $6B Simon & Schuster loan. Weidner, David // American Banker;5/20/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 95, p11
Reports on the financing involved in the planned buyout of Viacom Inc.'s Simon and Schuster company by Pearson PLC. The loan that Goldman, Sachs and Co. and HSBC Investment Bank PLC will provide for the deal; Dollar value of the loan; Details on the loan; When the deal was announced.
- 3 Big Banks Enlarge '09 Underwriting Dominance. // American Banker;6/30/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 124, p16
The article discusses the dominant position of three large banks in equity underwriting. Collectively J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Morgan Stanley Inc., and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. account for 42% of the global market for 2009 to date. Figures also indicate the three firms are leaders in advising on...