The CFO OutTakes
- People ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/26/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p8
The article announces appointments of several executives including Brian Napack as senior advisor of Providence Equity Partners LLC, Michael P. Huseby as chief financial officer of Barnes & Noble Inc., and Steve Griffin as chief technology officer of Carson-Dellosa Publishing Co. Inc.
- Huseby Tapped as CEO at B&N; Holiday Sales Sting. // Educational Marketer;1/10/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p2
The article announces the appointment of Michael Huseby as chief executive officer (CEO) of book retailer, Barnes & Noble.
- Barnes & Noble. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/ 9/2014, pA02
- Charter loses another CFO after gov't probe. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/5/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 23, p2
Reports on the resignation of chief financial officer Michael P. Huseby from Charter Communications to transfer to Cablevision.
- Investment Banks' '02, '03 Forecast: Dim and Dimmer . Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;6/11/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 111, p24
Reports on financial analysts' pessimistic outlook for the U.S. investment banking sector in 2002 and 2003. Inclusion of J.P. Morgan Chase Securities Inc.'s downgrading of Merrill Lynch and Co.'s rating; UBS Warburg analyst Diane Glossman's reduction of her 2002 estimate on Citigroup.
- In the Larger Market Stampede Away From Tech, Tiny Regionals Got Trampled: Many a smaller boutique has been folded into another firm, or given up. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/2/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 13, pN.PAG
Discusses that regional brokerage investment banks that invested in technology and dot-com initial offerings could be some of the worst casualties of that market's vicious decline. Impact of the decline in the capital market on financial service industries; Reasons for the decline in the...
- Pay to Play Now De Rigueur in Debt. O'leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/24/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p15
Presents results of a survey conducted by the Association for Financial Professionals on investment banking companies in Bethesda, Maryland. Popularity of pay-to-play practices among investment banking companies; Impact of the survey results on federal regulators.
- In Brief. // American Banker;8/3/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 147, p24
Looks at various developments in the financial services industry in the United States as of August 3, 1999. Resignation of Clinton Daly as co-head of institutional equity sales at Deutsche Banc Alex. Brown; Resignation of William Templeton as chief executive officer of Money Store; Prime...
- Client discretion, switching costs, and financial innovation. Bhattacharyya, S; Bhattacharyya, Sugato; Nanda, V; Nanda, Vikram // Review of Financial Studies;Winter2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4
Analyzes the incentives of investment banks in developing innovative products and services. Effect of incentives on client characteristics and market structure; Impact of competing banks and client characteristics on innovation process; Effect of volatility in economic environment on innovation...