Westar's on Track For High-Grade
- Westar Energy WR. Peters, Josh; Miller, Travis // Morningstar DividendInvestor;Feb2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p11
The article presents an analysis on the performance of Westar Energy Inc., the largest electric utility in Kansas. It cites that the firm will administer industrial development projects that will increase its earnings in the future. It mentions that the firm has progressed significantly as...
- Westar Energy WR. Peters, Josh // Morningstar DividendInvestor;Jan2012, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p11
The article provides an outlook on the financial performance of electric utility Westar Energy Inc. in the U.S. The earnings per share of Westar is projected to increase by 2.40 dollars in 2014 to 2015. An overview on the stock price as well as the dividend rate of the company from 1995 to 2011...
- Westar, Utilities Try To Rebound. SCOTT STODDARD // Investors Business Daily;11/20/2015, pB09
The article reports on the performance of several electric utilities stocks in the U.S. as of November 20, 2015 which include Westar Energy Inc., Teco Energy, and Ameren.
- Rising Stars Shine Brighter. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the improvement of credit quality of companies in the U.S. Role of the economic recovery in helping companies improve their financial performance; Upgrading of Yum! Brands Inc. and Westar Energy to investment grade; Possibility of acquisition-related upgrades.
- Industry's Average Credit Rating Improves. TRENT, AARON // Electric Perspectives;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p51
The article reveals the improvement of the average credit rating of the U.S. electric utilities industry in the first half of 2014. A summary of parent-level credit ratings by Standard & Poor's (S&P) and Moody's through June 30, 2014 is presented including for utilities Edison International,...
- Westar Energy Inc SWOT Analysis. // Westar Energy, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2012, p1
A company profile of American electricity utility company Westar Energy Inc. is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A business analysis is provided which includes strengths, weaknesses,...
- Westar Energy Inc., SWOT Analysis. // Westar Energy, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Apr2013, p1
A business analysis of Westar Energy Inc., which is an electric utility company, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include benefits derived from its strong market position. Weaknesses include high amount on...
- Westar Energy Inc SWOT Analysis. // Westar Energy, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Mar2014, p1
A SWOT analysis of Westar Energy Inc. is presented.
- The Dividend Harvest Portfolio. Peters, Josh // Morningstar DividendInvestor;Feb2009, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p8
The article offers information on the Dividend Harvest Portfolio in the U.S. The portfolio has recorded a negative return of 31.1 percent and declined income growth of 6.0 percent in 2008. Information on the stocks purchased by the portfolio from Westar Energy Inc. and dividend yield performance...