A Derivative Gets A Deal Done -- Again
- BEST BALANCED FUNDS. // Money (Australia Edition);Dec2005/Jan2006, Issue 75, p40
The article features the Merrill Lynch Global Allocation and the Russell Diversified 50, winners of the Best Balanced Funds of the 2006 Best of the Best Awards of "Money." Russell Diversified invests based on a 50/50 mix between growth and fixed-interest investments. The investment team is...
- Australia falls off global investment screens. Ferguson, Adele // BRW;11/09/98, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p46
Reports that large international fund managers have reduced their exposure to Australia in 1998. Australian investments viewed as too expensive; Funds linking Australia with Asia; Stockbroker Merrill Lynch stating their belief that the quality of Australian earnings is poor; Conditions that...
- Managers shrug off market turmoil. Ben-Ami, Daniel // Fund Strategy;8/20/2007, p10
The article reports on the results of Merrill Lynch's global survey about the views of investment advisors on the volatility in the financial services industry. It reveals that managers are optimistic about equities and that they find the volatility related with the financial markets and sector...
- Online Brokerages Trade Wireless Stock Options. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p28
Reports on the companies that offer wireless trading services. InstantBroker service offered by Fidelity Investments; Ask Merrill Mobile service from Merrill Lynch; Online brokers that have been offering wireless trading.
- Merrill Equity Index Eyes Frontiers. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;3/7/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 46, p7
The author reports on a frontier equity market index which has been released by Merrill Lynch & Co. According to the article, the marketing index will focus on investments in underdeveloped equity markets. The author states that stocks from countries throughout the world are included in the...
- Mortgage Offset Problems at Charter One. // National Mortgage News;3/31/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p12
Reports on Merill Lynch analysts' rating of Charter One Financial Inc.'s stock as a buy opportunity with medium volatility risk. Gains from the sale on internally-originated mortgage-backed securities; Extra loan loss provisions related to Charter One's airline industry exposure; First-quarter...
- A large cap conviction portfolio. Collinson, Patrick // Fund Strategy;2/20/2006, p30
The article focuses on Mark Lyttleton's management of Merrill Lynch UK Dynamic fund. It is difficult to manage a conviction portfolio of large companies. Lyttleton's portfolio is a blend of growth of value stocks. Vodafone is one of the toughest calls for big-capitalization managers in Great...
- A bumper of a November. Murrill, Maureen // BRW;12/13/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p21
Reports on equity trading in the Australian Stock Exchange during November 2001. Comparison with the results in June 2001; Discussion on the dismissal of employees at Merrill Lynch.
- Merrill creating new system to handle European stocks. Marjanovic, Steven // American Banker;12/16/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 239, p14
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. is creating a system to handle European stocks. Support to European equity business; Provisions of the Maastricht Treaty of 1992.