Muni Market: Headed for a Fall
- Munis Steam Ahead Despite Capacity Worries. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p2
The article reports on the situation of the municipal bond market in New York which continues to hammer away at long-term tax-free bonds as dealers question whether there is sufficient capacity to absorb a bombardment of new paper.
- Montgomery County, Ohio, Plans Revenue Bonds for Hospital Buyout. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p3
Reports the sale of revenue bonds by Montgomery County, Ohio on behalf of the Kettering Medical Center. Purpose of the move; Details on the deal; Amount of bond sold; Benefit of the the move to the bondholders of the Grandview Hospital and Medical Center.
- Munis Unchanged; Illinois Sells $900M of BABs. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/15/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33350, p2
The article focuses on the performance of the municipal market which remains to be the same amid slight to moderate secondary trading activity in the U.S. It highlights the launch of 900 million dollars of taxable Build America Bonds (BABs) by Illinois in the primary. It mentions the move of...
- Munis Firmer in Light to Moderate Trading. SCARCHILLI, MICHAEL // Bond Buyer;2/17/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33469, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market was firmer on Wednesday, the February 16, 2011, amid light to moderate secondary trading activity in the U.S. The Municipal Market Data (MMD) triple-A 10-year bond scale fell four basis points on Wednesday to 3.24 percent. In the new-issue...
- Upgraded California Sells $1.2B of GOs. Chin, Tonya // Bondbuyer.com;11/13/2014, p8
The article reports on the general obligation bonds (GOs) sold by California for 1.2 billion dollars on November 13, 2014. GOs were sold in three series of taxable, tax-exempt and refunding bonds as the result of improved credit quality of the state that would boost its volatile revenue...
- Muni Market Looks to Next Week's Holiday-Lite Slate. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;6/29/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34333, p10
The article reports that the U.S. municipal bond market is focusing its attention on the upcoming holiday-shortened trading week after a busy trading week of June 22-26, 2015. Developments mentioned include Citi being expected to price the largest deal of the week on June 30, 2015 and the Texas...
- Volume Dips to $3.91 Billion, But Scarcity Supports Muni Strength. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/6/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34104, p1
The article reports that U.S. bond issuers are expected to price an 3.91 billion U.S. dollars of new bond issuance led by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority senior revenue financing which has been planned for pricing on May 7, 2014 by the financial services firm Citigroup Inc. Topics...
- Munis Finish Flat as $500M Chicago GO Deal Prices. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/13/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34443, p1
Top-rated municipal bonds ended unchanged on Tuesday, according to traders, as Chicago's $500 million of general obligation bonds came to market in the primary. Citigroup repriced the Windy City's GO refunding bonds to lower yields on some maturities.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p23
Highlights the results of competitive municipal bond sales in the United States as of November 21, 2000. Florida Department of Transportation's turnpike revenue bonds; Indiana Lake Central School Corp.'s general obligation school building bonds.