J.P. Morgan/Bank One: The Dimon Effect
- JP Morgan Chase & Co. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;March 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p111
Features J.P. Morgan & Chase Co., an investment bank with commercial banking interests. Move of the company to acquire Bank One Corp.; Significance of the merger to the company; Description of the company's operations; Financial performance of the company.
- News This Week: Foreign. // Finance Week;1/29/2004, p6
Cites the positive response of the world financial markets to news about the plan of J.P. Morgan Chase and Bank One to join forces, in the United States' biggest financial sector merger since 1999.
- Company Spotlight: JP Morgan Chase & Co. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;March 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p33
Provides some insights into the business operations and performance of the financial services company, J.P. Morgan Chase and Co. in 2004. Acquisition of the Chicago, Illinois-based Bank One Corp.; Customer services; Competition; Investments and business strategies.
- The Chase is on. LaRose, Greg // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/11/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 53, p25
Reports on the national campaign of J.P. Morgan Chase and Co. about its merger with Bank One in the U.S. Cost of the national campaign; Transition factor of Chase's entry into the New Orleans area mortgage market; Limitation of Bank One's involvement in home loans mostly to refinancing;...
- Putting JPMorgan On the Map. Friedlander, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/17/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p48
The article presents information on JPMorgan Chase's acquisition of Bank One Corp. JPMorgan and Bank One managed to merge their operations and their management with a great amount of caution and what looks to be a good deal of success. The merger that was announced on January 14, 2005 was a...
- JPM Chase Chopping 100 Milwaukee Jobs. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;9/14/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 177, p9
Reports that J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. plans to eliminate 100 jobs at a former Bank One office in Milwaukee due to the need for less auto loan and mortgage collection workers. Description of the former Bank One branch; Comments by a JPMorgan Chase spokesman, who claims the job cuts are unrelated...
- Bank One b-to-b brand not likely to survive long. Clark, Philip B. // B to B;2/9/2004, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p1
In 1804, Aaron Burr, a backer of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.'s predecessor company, shot and killed Alexander Hamilton, founder of a rival bank. Two centuries later, the question is how soon before Burr's successors at J.P. Morgan Chase kill off the business-to-business (b-to-b) brand of its onetime...
- Chase to Purchase a U.S. Fund Business. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;2/27/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 39, p18
The article reports that New York-based JPMorgan Chase & Co. bank will acquire Integrated Investment Services' U.S. transfer agency services businesses from Western and Southern Financial Group. Integrated Investment is a Cincinnati, Ohio fund accounting, administration, and transfer agency...
- JP Morgan Chase Bank One, can I help you? K.D.; M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;1/19/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1
Points out that the planned merger of JP Morgan Chase and Bank One Corp. would likely create an asset-backed securities powerhouse, with a captive credit card origination unit rivaling Citigroup. Indication that JP/One's underwriting volume could also benefit from massive in-house home-equity...