iTunes Emerges as New Sales Channel for Audio Books
- After Robust Start, Sales For Most Consumer Books Categories Fizzled As 2002 Neared Its End. // Book Publishing Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the sales status of the book market in the U.S. in 2002. Rate of sales increase of adult trade paperbacks; Impetus to the decline of audiobook sales in the last months of the year; Level of sales of the university hardcover segment in comparison with the 2001 level.
- `Generic' audio awareness program expands audience. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;8/4/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 32, p42
Describes a cooperative marketing campaign to promote the format of audio books. Participants including Ingram Book Co., Simon & Schuster Audio, Random House Audibooks, BBD Audio, Harper Audio and Time Warner Audio; Reasons for selection of Denver and Nashville for test; Theme; Enthusiastic...
- Canadian publishers sponsor audio month in Toronto. // Publishers Weekly;8/4/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 32, p43
Describes a cooperative marketing campaign of the Canadian Audiobook Marketing Group. Initiation from Don Edwards of Ashcroft Audio; Naming of July 1997 as Audiobook Month in Toronto, Ontario; Newspaper advertising featuring coupons and an audiobook giveaway; Visit of veteran reader Frank...
- Audiobook month display contest winners. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 31, p25
Showcases the top five retailers who won in the Audiobook Month Display Contest.
- Turning up the volume. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;6/23/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 25, p62
Reports on the 1997 BookExpo America bookselling convention from the perspective of the audiobook industry. Rising sales, according to figures from the Audio Publishers Association (APA); The APA Annual Conference; World Wide Web site demonstration by Jim Brannigan of HighBridge Audio; Keynote...
- A Successful Audiobook Month. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;9/3/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 36, p27
Reports the success of June is Audiobook Month campaign conducted by booksellers. Move of multimedia stores in creating promotions and displays to encourage customers to purchase audiobooks; Increase in the sales of audiobooks; Contributions of different booksellers on the campaign.
- Audio Bestsellers. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p30
Presents the list of fiction and non-fiction audiobook bestsellers as of April 2003.
- Publishers Say Book Sense Can Create Pre-Release Buzz For Titles. // Book Publishing Report;03/27/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p6
Reports the advantages of using Book Sense as a central source to reach independent booksellers for book titles. Benefits to small and independent publishers; Provision of instant visibility to a book; Comments of George Gibson of Walker and Co. and Publishers Group West president Charlie...
- The LIFE and (changing) TIMES of a BOOKSELLER. Bachmann, Richard // Quill & Quire;Apr2010, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the bookselling career of the author and the challenges facing the bookselling profession in Canada. It highlights developments observed by the author while he was still in the bookselling industry including the improvement of booksellers' ability to source book titles,...