- Caught in sitcom shoot-out. Levin, Gary // Variety;10/14/96 Supplement, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p23
Focuses on television program production in New York City. Television production's recovery; Factors affecting the market; Industry observers' comments.
- THE GREEN LIGHT. // Televisual;Apr2003, p9
Presents news briefs concerning television programs in Great Britain as of April 2003. Inclusion of Brian Waddell Productions' creation of 'Life After Baywatch,' a documentary commissioned by Chris Shaw for Channel 5; Greenlight Media's deal with Top Notch Productions to co-finance and...
- TV: Inhouse laugh-in. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/24/97, Vol. 366 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the trend towards the in-house production of television programs in the United States. Co-production arrangements in the television industry; Plans of major television networks on their new shows; Influence of the star factor in the development of television programs.
- Half-hour all some need to find niche. Spring, Greg // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1A
Discusses the need for half-hour television shows in the United States to create their own niche. Role of advertisers in half-hour shows; Producers' attempt to develop narrower niches; Emphasis on narrower type of audience.
- Television. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/09/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 49, p76
Presents a roundup of articles relating to television programs and networks in the United States as of May 9, 2000. Inclusion of syndicators' projections regarding upfront advertising sales in 2000; Paramount's cancellation of a talk show hosted by Leeza Gibbons; Steve Martin's development deal...
- Premium digital HD. // TVB Europe;Nov2001, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p20
Discusses the reasons of producers and broadcasters for trying the High Definition (HD) 24p format in television production. Advantages of using the HD 24p format; Information on the image quality of HD 24p format; Predictions on the HD 24p format.
- Isle be dammed. Gilling, Tom // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/05/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6240, p21
Focuses on the television show Survivor, created by producer Mark Burnett in the United States. Context of the program; Idea of the contestants on the show; Amount won by the final survivor; Effect on Australian and American viewers; Location for Survivor 2.
- Remaking History. Flynn, Gillian // Entertainment Weekly;3/25/2005, Issue 812, p64
Answers a question regarding the production of classic television shows.
- SCREEN TEST. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/30/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 13, pG-10
Reports on the planned holding of the Cologne Screenings of German television shows in June 2000 in Cologne, Germany. Site of screenings; Doubts about participation by United States firms due to the Los Angeles Screenings; Cost of attending the Cologne Screenings.