- Storyboard. // Televisual;Jan2008, p19
Several photographs of scenes from television programs and advertising that emphasize unique visual effects are presented, including scenes from the documentary TV program "The Living Body" and from the TV advertisements of Living TV and Audi AG.
- REAL TIME. Armstrong, Jennifer; Snierson, Dan; Wolk, Josh // Entertainment Weekly;3/2/2007, Issue 923, p26
The article discusses 24 hours on the set of the American real-time action-adventure television program "24." The show stars American actor Kiefer Sutherland as fictional U.S. federal agent Jack Bauer. The program often features explosions through special effects. All aspects of the production...
- Caught in sitcom shoot-out. Levin, Gary // Variety;10/14/96 Supplement, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p23
Focuses on television program production in New York City. Television production's recovery; Factors affecting the market; Industry observers' comments.
- THE GREEN LIGHT. // Televisual;Apr2003, p9
Presents news briefs concerning television programs in Great Britain as of April 2003. Inclusion of Brian Waddell Productions' creation of 'Life After Baywatch,' a documentary commissioned by Chris Shaw for Channel 5; Greenlight Media's deal with Top Notch Productions to co-finance and...
- TV: Inhouse laugh-in. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/24/97, Vol. 366 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the trend towards the in-house production of television programs in the United States. Co-production arrangements in the television industry; Plans of major television networks on their new shows; Influence of the star factor in the development of television programs.
- Half-hour all some need to find niche. Spring, Greg // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1A
Discusses the need for half-hour television shows in the United States to create their own niche. Role of advertisers in half-hour shows; Producers' attempt to develop narrower niches; Emphasis on narrower type of audience.
- Television. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/09/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 49, p76
Presents a roundup of articles relating to television programs and networks in the United States as of May 9, 2000. Inclusion of syndicators' projections regarding upfront advertising sales in 2000; Paramount's cancellation of a talk show hosted by Leeza Gibbons; Steve Martin's development deal...
- Isle be dammed. Gilling, Tom // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/05/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6240, p21
Focuses on the television show Survivor, created by producer Mark Burnett in the United States. Context of the program; Idea of the contestants on the show; Amount won by the final survivor; Effect on Australian and American viewers; Location for Survivor 2.
- Remaking History. Flynn, Gillian // Entertainment Weekly;3/25/2005, Issue 812, p64
Answers a question regarding the production of classic television shows.