- Beale Unit Begins Transfer of KC-135 Stratotankers. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2008, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the transfer of the KC-135R tanker aircraft of the 940th Air Refueling Wing (ARW) at Beale Air Force Base (AFB) in California. It cites that the first two of eight aircraft were transferred to the 916th ARW at Seymour Johnson AFB in North Carolina. According to the...
- Dear Journal of Business reader. Ripley, Richard // Journal of Business (10756124);7/1/2004 Supplement, Vol. 19, p2
Focuses on the issues facing Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane, Washington. Military base realignment and closure process; Proposal to replace the U.S. Air Force's KC-135 air tankers; Economic significance of Fairchild Air Force Base to Spokane.
- Midflight Refueling at Loring Air Force Base. // Monkeyshines on America;Feb2001 Maine Issue, p11
Loring Air Force Base is located so far north in the continental United States that much of New Brunswick, Canada lies south of it. Located in Limestone, Maine in an area that's best known for its potatoes, the base has an important location, being situated some 300 miles closer to Europe than...
- AVIANO'S RENAISSANCE. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Nov2000, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p24
Features the Aviano 2000 military base of the United States Air Force in Italy. Details on the construction of the military base; Origin of the construction project; Information on the contingency and housing upgrades of the project; Benefits of the project.
- Tuzla's Turnaround. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Dec2000, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p2
Describes the Tuzla Air Base of the United States Air Force in Bosnia-Herzegovina. History of the air base; Development of infrastructure and amenities in the compound; Plans to upgrade facilities.
- Falcon AFB renamed in honor of space pioneer. // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p13
Announces the renaming of the Falcon Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colorado to Schriever Air Force Base during a ceremony in June 1998, in honor of retired General Bernard A. Schriever. Schriever's contribution to the Air Force tradition; Profile on Schriever.
- Go into the Sonlight. Barela, Timothy P. // Airman;Mar1999, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the life of United States Air Force troops in Sonlight Inn in Kunsan Air Base, South Korea. Services offered by the inn; Features of different rooms; Number of visitors allowed every month.
- FOR THE KIDS. Collins, Shannon // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2001, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the construction of a school building in a village in Guatemala by the 917th Civil Engineering Squadron (CES), Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana and the 908th CES, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama. Shortage of resources in Guatemala; Living conditions in Guatemala.
- Lounge Facility Opens at Duke Field. Davenport, Greg // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2007, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on the launching of the Outpost Lounge at Duke Field in Florida. The opening of the business will provide all the Air Force Reservists an opportunity to enjoy the facility with familiarity and sociability. According to project manager Myron Webb, he anticipates that the...