- Beale Unit Begins Transfer of KC-135 Stratotankers. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2008, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the transfer of the KC-135R tanker aircraft of the 940th Air Refueling Wing (ARW) at Beale Air Force Base (AFB) in California. It cites that the first two of eight aircraft were transferred to the 916th ARW at Seymour Johnson AFB in North Carolina. According to the...
- Dear Journal of Business reader. Ripley, Richard // Journal of Business (10756124);7/1/2004 Supplement, Vol. 19, p2
Focuses on the issues facing Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane, Washington. Military base realignment and closure process; Proposal to replace the U.S. Air Force's KC-135 air tankers; Economic significance of Fairchild Air Force Base to Spokane.
- Midflight Refueling at Loring Air Force Base. // Monkeyshines on America;Feb2001 Maine Issue, p11
Loring Air Force Base is located so far north in the continental United States that much of New Brunswick, Canada lies south of it. Located in Limestone, Maine in an area that's best known for its potatoes, the base has an important location, being situated some 300 miles closer to Europe than...
- Turkish Delight. Arana-Barradas, Lois A. // Airman;Nov2000, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p8
Provides information on Incirlik Air Base in Adana, Turkey. Description of the United States Air Force base; Details on the Operation National Watch in the country; Views on the quality of life in the military base; Comments from several soldiers regarding their mission and the bases.
- AVIANO'S RENAISSANCE. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Nov2000, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p24
Features the Aviano 2000 military base of the United States Air Force in Italy. Details on the construction of the military base; Origin of the construction project; Information on the contingency and housing upgrades of the project; Benefits of the project.
- Tuzla's Turnaround. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Dec2000, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p2
Describes the Tuzla Air Base of the United States Air Force in Bosnia-Herzegovina. History of the air base; Development of infrastructure and amenities in the compound; Plans to upgrade facilities.
- Searching for the secrets of Groom Lake. Brown, Stuart F. // Popular Science;Mar94, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p52
Discusses how the Air Force wants to close off 4,000 hilltop acres of public land overlooking a remote, secret air base in southwestern Nevada. How Groom Lake has become a magnet for hundreds of people curious about unacknowledged flying objects; Security which exists; Groom's Lake's role as a...
- Falcon AFB renamed in honor of space pioneer. // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p13
Announces the renaming of the Falcon Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colorado to Schriever Air Force Base during a ceremony in June 1998, in honor of retired General Bernard A. Schriever. Schriever's contribution to the Air Force tradition; Profile on Schriever.
- Go into the Sonlight. Barela, Timothy P. // Airman;Mar1999, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the life of United States Air Force troops in Sonlight Inn in Kunsan Air Base, South Korea. Services offered by the inn; Features of different rooms; Number of visitors allowed every month.