SPECIAL OPS 'POPS'
- Here to Stay! Posner, John; Ritter, Ronald C. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Summer2008, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses the importance of Air Force Smart Operations (AFSO) in the U.S. It helps airmen continue to fortify mission capability, as well as performing airmen's job faster, more safe and smarter. AFSO also assist airmen in handling operations effectively in an environment where...
- The Air Force's Vector. Worden, R. Mike; Spirtas, Micheal // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;Winter2006, Issue 40, p67
The article presents information on the activities of the United States Air Force. The main aim of the air force is to carry out country's defense policy from the air and space. The air force personnel have always played an important role in helping joint commanders achieve objectives during...
- The Basics. Antoline, Anthony F.; Green, Steven // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Summer2008, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p22
The article offers information on Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century (AFS021) in the U.S. It is implemented as a response to the U.S. Air Force's need to develop and recapitalize aging aircraft and equipment fleet. The goal of AFSO is to form a continuous process improvement (CPI)...
- Training for the future. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Jul2000, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on the training program of the U.S. Air Force's 58th Special Operations Wing. Focus on getting special operations forces in and out of hotspots; Rescue of downed airmen from behind enemy lines; Courses for special operations and combat search and rescue; Aircraft used in training.
- TASK PRIORITIZATION DURING COMBAT OPERATIONS: WINGMEN EXPERIENCES DURING OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM. Padilla, Kris // Flying Safety;Apr2005, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p22
Presents information on several experiences of U.S. military wingmen during Operation Iraqi Freedom and the importance of correct task prioritization as exemplified by the stories. Performance of Close Air Support during a vulnerability period; Interception of a bogey in the center Offensive...
- Field operating agencies. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p24
Enumerates some of the field operating agencies of the United States Air Force, and details activities that they carry out under the operational control of the headquarters. Includes the Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation in Orlando, Florida; Air Force Audit Agency in Washington,...
- People Support AEFs With Positive Attitude and Unmatched Spirit. Bradley, John A. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb2001, Vol. 53 Issue 1, pII
Reports on the support of 10th Air Force units for the aerospace expeditionary force operations in the United States. List of deployments participated by the unit; Equipment used during the Northern and Southern Watch operations; Account of the unit performance.
- Changes in the Air. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb2001, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p13
Reports on the changes in the operations in the United States Air Force. Shift of the 939th Rescue Wing into an air refuelling unit; Increase of personnel in the 920th Rescue group; Reasons for the organizational changes.
- Operation Enduring Freedom highlights. // Airman;Sep2002, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p14
Highlights the events concerning the U.S. counter terrorism campaign Operation Enduring Freedom. Number of Air Force missions to support Operation Enduring Freedom; Deployment of Air Force men and women; Capability of joint surveillance target attack radar system.