In search of news and information
- Web site offers forum for TV news viewers. Hull, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;09/04/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p8
Focuses on the features of a Tucson, Arizona-based interactive web site, Newsviewers.com. Forum for viewers to comment on local news coverage; Co-founders of the web site; Goal of encouraging viewers to fill out surveys on local news.
- Too much of a good thing can be just that -- too much what's a Web surfer to do? Madden, Lisa // New Hampshire Business Review;08/13/99, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p18
Makes observations concerning the emergence of Web sites that resemble the news offered by television. Merger of the two mediums to create the ultimate; Advantage of getting additional information from the television show's companion Web site.
- ENG. Kurz, Phil // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2006, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p96
The article focuses on electronic newsgathering technology and discusses the pace at which it is developing. This development can be seen in the introduction of three significant technology trends during NAB2006. The treatment of video as files which can be transmitted via File Transfer Protocol...
- The Czech BBC - End of an Era. Weis, Jarolsav // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Winter2006, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the impact of the creation of an Arabic television news channel Al-Jazeera on radio stations in the Czech Republic. The Czech BBC service is among those radio stations slated for cancellation. Citizens are expressing their feelings regarding the decision to redirect the...
- Untitled. // Adults Learning;Oct2008, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
The article reviews the web site NewsFilm Online, which features news footage from the Independent Television Network (ITN) and Reuters.
- Dawning of the post-newspaper world. Mastio, Dave // Masthead;Spring2009, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p5
The article presents the strategies taken by local news organizations to improve their ways in offering new information. Local nonprofits collaborate with newspaper-style foundation and philanthropist subsidy. It says that television stations get more active online and beyond video, talk radio...
- Telling the Story Narrative and radio news. Dunn, Anne // Radio Journal: International Studies in Broadcast & Audio Media;2003, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p113
With reference to Australian radio, this paper reviews a premise of recent European television news research: that in the increased climate of competition engendered by deregulation over the last decade, news has moved away from the objectivism embodied in the inverted pyramid, and narratives...
- The Internet's first war. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p3
Reports the expansion of video offerings on terrorism by media sites in the United States. Statement regarding the expansion by senior vice president Merrill Brown; Top television news site with coverage on terrorism; Online offerings of media sites.
- FACTORS INFLUENCING EVALUATIONS OF WEB SITE INFORMATION. Amsbary, Jonathan Howard; Powell, Larry // Psychological Reports;Aug2003, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p191
Investigates the effect of first-person and third-person perceptions of web site information. Use of responses from telephone survey of participants in stratified random sample; Evaluation for television news; Function of web site links as social confirmation to increase web site information.