Firms pursue Euro agenda
- Modular buildings. // American School & University;Mar1995, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p108
Presents a directory of American companies that design modular buildings. Includes AAA Modular Buildings; Arthur Building Systems; Behlen Manufacturing.
- The power of prefab production. Berger, Michael // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr94, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p77
Presents the prefabricated construction industry in Alaska. Costs; Residential construction qualities; Modular construction options; Module basic elements; ATCO Enterprises Inc. and residential constructions.
- 'Quick-change' system lifts field performance. Collings, Andy // Farmers Weekly;6/21/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 25, p66
Focuses on the improvements in the cultivation and drilling equipment from Valderstad company. Reason for using modular construction designs; Benefits of their quick change syste; Features of Valderstad equipment.
- modular in - focus. // Modern Homes;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p21
The article reports activities initiated by the National Modular Housing Council (NMHC), an organization of modular housing industry personnel and manufacturers in the U.S. The council held its annual meeting in October 2007, in which they tackled issues in the industry. The fourth annual...
- New part owner of Johnson's buying modular home factory. Volyn, Kari // Wenatchee Business Journal;Oct95, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p58
Reports on the purchase of North Cascade Builders, a modular home manufacturing plant in Entiat, Washington, by Bob Bell, part owner of Johnson's Real Estate. Potential in the modular home industry; Targeted buyers.
- Modular is the way forward. // Contract Journal;7/30/2003, Vol. 419 Issue 6437, p2
Presents information on two exhibitions focusing on trends related to modular construction industry to be conducted in Great Britain in 2004 and 2005. Interbuild 2004; Offsite 2005; Results of a survey on modular construction conducted by "Contract Journal" in Great Britain in July 2003.
- Business. // Contract Journal;9/27/2006, Vol. 435 Issue 6594, p13
The article reports that modular building contractor Caledonian Building Systems has almost doubled its pre-tax profit for the fiscal year ending April 7, 2006. Several months ago, the company was bought by modular builder Champion. Caledonian operates as main contractor and modular specialist...
- Founder's Vision Key to Arctic Structures' Success. Orr, Vanessa // Alaska Business Monthly;Nov2006, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p121
The article focuses on the operations of the Alaska-based family owned and operated business Arctic Structures LLC which was founded by Harry Pursell. He began his business by renting and selling camping trailers. Pursell started manufacturing his own modular buildings to meet the growing...
- Post simulation visualization model for effective scheduling of modular building construction. Moghadam, Mansooreh; Al-Hussein, Mohamed; Al-Jibouri, Saad; Telyas, Avi // Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering;Sep2012, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p1053
The factory-based modular construction process has proven to increase the speed of construction, and improve quality and safety, while providing value to the customer and a rapid return on investment to the builder and owner. However, onsite module assembly creates new schedule demands, as...