LED screens in festival debut
- The Tektronix PQM300 QoS monitor. Martinez, Raul // Broadcast Engineering;Apr2001, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p160
Evaluates the Tektronix PQM300 QoS video monitor. Functions of the system; Networking capabilities of the system; Enhancement of the system.
- From Video to Pixel Map. Claiborne, Vickie // Projection, Lights & Staging News;Jun2016, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p68
The author is offering opinion on issues with the pixel mapping for video displays and argues that if client does not have internal pixel mapping function or output, DMX or ArtNet, it is difficult to display output from camera and also discusses challenges in pixel mapping .
- Sharper and brighter. // Video Systems;Sep2005, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p70
Evaluates Analog Way Inc.'s new video scaler called V-Scale. Product features; Pros and cons; Price; Contact information.
- Smart Mob Screening. York, Matthew // Videomaker;Mar2010, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p2
The author focuses on smart mob screenings. He coined the term by combining smart mob from the title of author Howard Rheingold's book "Smart Mobs: The Next Social Revolution," and screening which refers to the viewing of videos. He discusses a new way of video screening which begun in 2009 via...
- A Framework for Video Network Coding with Multi-generation Mixing. Halloush, M.; Radha, H. // Journal of Communications;Mar2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p192
Multi-Generation Mixing (MGM) is a generalized approach of Network Coding (NC) that has its improvements when applied in packet loss networks. In this paper we apply MGM network coding in networks communicating video contents. NC has shown viable improvements when applied in packet loss...
- AGP and Analog Capture. McCleskey, Joe // Videomaker;Winter2004 Buyer's Guide, Vol. 18, p54
This article evaluates the All-in-Wonder 9800 Pro video display adapter from ATI Technologies Inc. and offers information on features, pros and cons and cost.
- DOS AND DON'TS FOR SMALL-SCREEN VIDEO. // Australian PC User;Jul2006, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p83
The article provides tips on viewing a small-screen video from the footage taken from a widescreen video. On a portable device, you cannot see the character in the distance or make out the forest for all the trees. When shooting in widescreen, always try to frame your subjects so that the shot...
- Church of the Highlands Hosts and ARC Conference. Matthews, Bryan // Projection, Lights & Staging News;Jun2016, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p62
The article evaluates LED displays, FELXLite and video technology, High End Systems Hog4 from PixelFLEX company.
- Create A 250-MHz Bandwidth Digital Potentiometer For Video Level Control. Avranov, Oleg; Georgiev, Georgi // Electronic Design;7/10/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 14, p57
The article discusses the creation of a 250-Megahertz (Mhz) bandwidth digital potentiometer for video level control. It states that a circuit utilized to control the level of a video signal should have a 3-dB cutoff frequency of bigger than 5 Mhz for a monitor application. It cites that...