The demand for exhibition space far outstrips supply
- Hotels, chambers tell of mighty work (& bribes) to recruit conventions. Volyn, Kari // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug96, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p41
Discusses the economic aspects of conventions in Wenatchee, Washington. Area-based hotels and chambers of commerce's efforts to recruit conventions; Area-based businesses' support for convention recruitment.
- Calendar. // Industrial Heating;Jun97, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p33
Presents various meetings, conferences, exhibition, and expositions of different industrial companies from June to September 1997 in the United States. Thermotec '97: 2nd International Exhibition on Industrial Furnaces, Equipment and Materials at Tokyo Big Sight in Japan; 1997 International...
- City likely to lose big convention. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;1/27/97, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on the possibility that Chicago's largest convention, an annual gathering of radiologists, may abandon Chicago has their convention headquarters. Value of funds invested into Chicago's economy as a result of the convention; Alternative location of the convention; Details on the effect...
- New convention center still years away. Chevako, Terry // Caribbean Business;1/26/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on the convention business in Puerto Rico. Commissioning of feasibility study by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company; Issues needed to be addressed; Plans for convention center construction.
- Get the most for your meeting money. McCormack, Mark // Transportation & Distribution;Jul95, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p90
Lists suggestions for people who attend trade shows, conventions and industry conferences, to get more than their money's worth.
- The MICE that roared. Arbouw, John // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/11/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6024, p37
Focuses on the meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions (MICE) industry in Australia. Worth of the industry according to the Sydney Convention and Visitors Bureau; Need for more funds to promote Australia as a convention destination; Talks being held by the meetings industry with...
- Travel to a conference (obtaining funding). Tan, K.C.B.; Betteridge, D.J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/9/89, Vol. 299 Issue 6713, p1450
Presents a guide on fund raising for a scientific conference in Great Britain. List of possible sources of funding; Use of several industries in fund raising; Tips for raising maximum amount of money.
- Jump in sales at boat show. // Marketing Event;Feb99, p10
Announces the gross income of the London International Boat Show on January 7-17, 1999 at Earls Court in London, England. Comments from several company executives who participated at the show.
- In pursuit of a unified strategy. Pearsall, Kathryn // Northern Ontario Business;May95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the step initiated by Nickel Belt MP Ray Bonin in holding a conference that will develop a unified economic strategy for Northern Ontario. Senator Hotel in Timmins as host of the economic conference on June 28-29, 1995; Industry Canada as official conference organizer; Robert McGee...