Industry leaders move on safety
- Convention hall gets beyond the Band-Aid. Temes, Judy // Crain's New York Business;8/8/94, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p22
Features safety practices of convention hall managers. Presence of paramedics and hospital-based personnel; Fear of lawsuits over onsite injuries.
- Due Diligence: A Planner's Checklist. Mandel, Jed R. // Medical Meetings;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p125
Focuses on the responsibility of meeting planners to address issues of security and safety. Information on the legal obligation of planners; Guidelines for checking hotel/convention center contracts; Factors to consider when evaluating the safety and liability of facilities.
- World Disaster Response Summit. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2006, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p64
The article reports on the budget for the best disaster response solutions at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. People have been called on to participate in the international event if they are active in reconstruction, disaster housing, and emergency communications. It is...
- Security 101. GOLDBERG, JAMES M. // Medical Meetings;May2010, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p30
The article takes into account the safety and security of meeting venues. It says that planners should ensure the presence of hard-wired smoke detectors and automatic sprinkler systems, availability of medical assistance, and listing of attendees' emergency contact information. Planners are also...
- Denver & National Incident Management. // Airport Security Report;12/31/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p4
The article reports on the move of hotels at Denver Airport Center in Colorado, in making tourism and business travel as safe as possible. Concerning with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS), Denver Airport Center will train airport hotel staff...
- Pre-swine flu fallout. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/14/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 37, p14
The article discusses the impact of the cancellation of business meetings to the hospitality industry in Connecticut following the advise of the Connecticut Department of Public Health to prevent the spread of H1N1 influenza virus. It notes that the revenue of per available room was down by 22%,...
- ISC Expo readies for Chicago. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p45
Focuses on the ISC Expo/Chicago 98, which will be held from May 31 and June 1, at Navy Pier in Chicago. Information on what will be on display at the show; Comments from Eileen Baird, industry vice president for Association Expositions and Services, managers and producers of the event; What the...
- News from Scan-Tech. // Material Handling Engineering;Jan98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p16
Presents several news announcements featured in the 1998 Scan-Tech show. Includes Quad II's release of video series to help explain bar code, EDI and EC technologies; Symbol Technologies Inc.'s signing of an agreement with Verbex Voice Systems to sell Verbex's industrial speech recognition...
- Editorial. // Marketing Event;Feb97, p5
Editorial. Comments on the Millennium exhibition at Greenwich, England. Torrid debate and rumor-mongering about the event's budget; Targeted business sponsorship amount.