- University of Michigan Library Offers Publishing Alternatives To the Scholarly Community. // T H E Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p18
Features the Scholarly Publishing Office (SPO) of the University of Michigan. Target community of the electronic publishing; Specializations of SPO; Benefits and advantages of the electronic publishing.
- Ginn Press & Ohio State sign pact. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;3/15/1994, Vol. 119 Issue 5, p22
Says that Ohio State University and Ginn Press have joined forces for a publishing project offering history texts to the university's professors. How curricula can be tailored via the American History Electronic Bookshelf; When the program will be extended to other universities.
- Balkan, Turkish universities to co-operate under new association. Tokyay, Menekse // Journal of Turkish Weekly;10/6/2014, p3
The article focuses on the formation of the Balkan Universities Association (BUA) that aims to develop sustainability on universities in the Balkan region. Key topics include the organization's annual meetings, scholarship programs, and publishing of academic journals focusing in library...
- Colleges Provide Testing Ground for E-Book Innovations. Roach, Ronald // Black Issues in Higher Education;10/11/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p38
Reports on the testing of electronic book innovations in universities and colleges in the United States. Description on the device; Advantages over printed books; Partnership of Adobe with several schools.
- Copyright: Will it do you wrong? Hochwald, Lambeth // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;4/15/94, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p46
Discusses the implications of electronic publishing on the content ownership of magazines in the United States. Reformulation of contracts to cover a broad range of media; Control on the re-use of copyrighted materials; Rights bought from freelancers. INSET: What rights are you buying?..
- Get Schooled. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;May2010, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p40
The article offers information regarding collegiate products which include the top-selling institutions like the University of Texas at Austin, University of Florida, and the University of Alabama, the top selling non-apparel product categories and the top non-apparel collegiate licenses.
- Join Us December 4th in Philadelphia for the 2013 Going Digital Conference! // Digital Publishing Report;11/18/2013, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p11
The article offers information on the 2013 Going Digital Conference held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on December 4, 2013 which will examine topics related to digital publishing, including making money with digital publishing, making a business case for digital publishing and determining...
- Costs, risks and benefits in improving access to journal articles. Jubb, Michael; Cook, Joel; Hulls, Daniel; Jones, David; Ware, Mark // Learned Publishing;Oct2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p247
This paper reports on a study - overseen by representatives of the publishing, library, and research funder communities in the UK - investigating the drivers, costs, and benefits of potential ways to increase access to scholarly journals. It identifies five different but realistic scenarios for...
- Kent State plans to keep fund-raising ball rolling. Robinson, Ruthann // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the teleconference meeting of the Kent State University Foundation's strategic planning committee in Ohio. Formulation of a plan for a fund raising campaign; Sources of funds for the education programs; Increase in college enrollment from the marketing effort in conjunction with the...