Scholastic & Weekly Reader Team Up with TV News for the Election
- AXN backs daredevils. // Daily Variety;12/13/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 8, p22
Reports the partnership between action channel AXN and Indian producers for the production of adventure shows in India.
- EYE ON WGFL(TV). Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p24
Reports the deal between WGFL television and CBS in Florida. Decline in network compensation; Agreement of the affiliation deal; Enhancement of the UPN programming.
- Lessons Learned From TCI's Purge. // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p12
Focuses on the history of television network drops in the U.S. Emergence of platitudes about programmer multiple-systems operator partnerships; Number of networks under the description; Security of cable systems.
- The hard way. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 25, p29
Reports on the breakup of CBS and Post-Newsweek's WJXT(TV) partnership in Jacksonville, Florida. Independence of WJXT from CBS; Views of company's general manager Sherry Burns on WJXT business performance; Services offered by the company.
- MIAMI HERALD SEEKS NEW TV PARTNERSHIPS. // Quill;Dec2002, Vol. 90 Issue 9, p7
Reports that Miami, Florida television stations, WFOR-TV and WPLG-TV, have both expressed interest in a promotions and news-sharing pact with 'The Miami Herald' newspaper. Information on the newspaper's agreement with WTVJ.
- Ecumenical cable channel seeks partners. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;05/08/98, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p11
Announces the need of Odyssey television channel for business partners. Why the channel need partners; Purpose of enhancing the program of the network; Information on on-air fundraising; Capabilities that the business partner must possess; Where other funds might come from.
- SPEAKING TO ASIAN VIEWERS. Curry, Sheree R. // Television Week;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p15
Deals with a study which revealed that TV is the preferred news source of Chinese-American viewers in 2002. Average income of Asian-American compared with that of non-Hispanic households; Advertisers who participated in the annual Southwest Airlines Chinese New Year Parade; Partnership of...
- STATION BREAK. Miller, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;5/26/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 21, p8
This article presents various information related to television networks in the United States as of May 26, 2003. The television (TV) company CBS Inc.-owned TV stations KPIX-TV and KCBS are collaborating with the newspaper San Francisco Chronicle. The alliance announced on the second week of May...
- Discovery is ready to take Picnic slot. // Media Week;11/27/2007, p5
The article reports on the tie-up between Discovery Channel and Sky for the Picnic slot in November 2007. Sources monitoring the negotiations say that it is a done deal and Discovery is ready to join the Picnic line-up on Sky's pay television service. Sky also announced that Disney Channel will...