More Textbook Aid, Unrestricted Spending Proposed in Calif. Budget
- States of Denial. // America;2/1/2010, Vol. 202 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that California has drawn national attention for a proposal to raise fees at state's renowned universities and for Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's push to divert money from prisons to schools.
- Schwarzenegger vetoes bias-free schools bill. // Echo Magazine;9/21/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p21
This article reports on a legislation vetoed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, which would prohibit negative portrayals of gay people in books and other instructional materials. The legislation is an amended version of an earlier one which would have mandated the teaching of history...
- FY2009 Budget in Place in California. // Educational Marketer;9/29/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p3
The article reports that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and California state legislators have agreed on the state's 104 billion dollars education budget for fiscal year 2009 with no new taxes.
- Promise Breaker. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p43
Comments on the failure of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to fulfill campaign promise on spending for education in California.
- Calif. Students Call on Gov. For College-Transfer Funds. Harris, Joey // Community College Week;1/5/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the letter sent by student trustees representing California's community-college and university students to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger about college transfer funds. Number of California community-college students who would be barred from transferring to public four-year...
- Bustamante misses the point. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/26/2004, Issue 323222, p28
Focuses on the budget problems in the California State University (CSU) system. Proposal to reduce CSU and University of California budgets; Budget proposal of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger; Assessment of the financial structure of the educational system of California.
- Coming soon to a state near you? McElroy, Edward J. // American Teacher;Apr2005, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p2
Reports on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's proposals that would affect funding for public education, employee pensions and teacher tenure and compensation. Proposal to implement an automatic spending cap on state budgets; Elimination of public employees' death and disability...
- Meaning of Aid Increase In Golden State Debated. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;11/2/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p23
The article informs that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed a $117.4 billion state budget that he says allocates more money than ever for California's schools. The $36.6 billion K-12 budget includes first-time funds of $183.5 million for emergency school facility repairs, $18.2...
- Push for More Vocational Training. Lewis, Connie // San Diego Business Journal;2/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the plan proposed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger aimed at improving workers' incomes, providing a pool of skilled individuals for industry and helping students who fall through the cracks in the state's education system. Education budget appropriated for kindergarten...