Interest in Acquisitions Seen Picking Up in 2004 After Stable 2003 that Lacked Hefty Price Tags
- In Canada, Thomson Nelson Buys Harcourt Canada's K-12 Division. // Educational Marketer;4/11/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the acquisition of the K-12 Educational Publishing division of Harcourt Inc. by Thomson Nelson, an education publishing unit of Thomson Corp., in Ontario. Refusal of the companies to disclose the value of the deal; Benefits of Thomson Nelson from the deal; Terms and conditions.
- Acquisitions & Partnerships ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;11/10/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p8
The article offers information on several acquisitions and partnerships in the educational publishing industry of the U.S. including the partnership between Jones and Bartlett Publishers and Mexican Red Cross, the partnership of Cengage Learning Fifty Lessons, and the alliance of National...
- Publishers Go On Spending Sprees With Purchases Aimed At Getting Them Online And Into Testing. // Educational Marketer;08/21/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the merger and acquisition trend in the educational publishing industry as of August 2000.
- Pearson Completes NCS Acquisition; Appoints New CEO of NCS Pearson. // Educational Marketer;10/02/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p2
Deals with the acquisition of educational and testing services company National Computer Systems by Pearson PLC.
- Online Penetration, Print Position, Testing At Core Of 2000's Biggest Deals. // Educational Marketer;01/22/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p1
Reports on merger and acquisition deals in the educational publishing industry in 2000.
- Vivendi Universal To Houghton Mifflin: Parlez-Vous Francais? // Educational Marketer;06/04/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p5
Uncovers the plan of Paris, France-based company Vivendi Universal to buy Boston, Massachusetts-based educational publisher Houghton Mifflin.
- Acquisitions in Education Market Pick Up as Confidence Returns. // Educational Marketer;5/6/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p1
Presents an update on the acquisitions in the educational publishing industry as of May 2002.
- Merger & Acquisition Activity Picks Up In 2002, Though Last Year's Scale Is Missing. // Educational Marketer;8/5/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p1
Reports that the merger and acquisition activity in the educational publishing industry has accelerated in 2002 in the United States. Corporate reorganization of Vivendi Universal; Purchase by Reed Elsevier of Harcourt; Value of transactions whose prices were publicly released.
- Stool Pivots Freely, Locks Automatically Under Load. // New Equipment Digest;Nov2005, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p7
This article presents information on the 1Y Series stool, newly launched by the company, BioFit Engineered Products. Mounted to a wall or other vertical point, theses stool, reportedly, swings easily into position in challenging workstation spaces, or under a conveyor to stations on either side...