- GLOBAL RANKING. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p50
Provides information on global ranking of investment banking from January 1, 2003 to December 31, 2003. High yield corporate debt; Mortgage-backed securities; Asset-backed securities; Collateralized debt obligations.
- LEAGUE TABLES. // Asset Securitization Report;10/6/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 38, p38
Presents charts ranking the top investment banks in terms of asset-backed securities (ABS). ABS managers and issuers; Collateralized debt obligations; Agency and non-agency issuers; Managers and issuers of commercial mortgage-backed securities.
- RBS Sues Law Firm for its Role in CDO Structuring. Pyburn, Allison // Private Placement Letter;7/11/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p3
Reports that Greenwich NatWest and National Westminster Bank PLC, subsidiaries of the Royal Bank of Scotland PLC, are suing a law firm for its role in the structuring and documentation of a collateralized debt obligation (CDO) for the company in 1999. Comment of Mike Ford, spokesman for Weil...
- Banks bond with CMBS. Gibson, Robert // Estates Gazette;10/1/2005, Issue 539, p49
This article reports on the agreement reached by NM Rothschild & Sons Ltd. and Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. to jointly originate loans for a commercial mortgage-backed securitisation, aimed for the first half of 2006. The move follows after Rothschild had arranged a securitisation for specialist...
- Mexico State exits bond market, Pacsa pairs with MBIA again. F. O. // Asset Securitization Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p21
The article reports that Mexico State has retired the last two of its bonds collateralizing payroll taxes with a 15-year asset-backed loan for $68 million. The state's withdrawal from the bond market forms part of a wider trend among Mexican sub-sovereign entities swapping market debt with loans.
- THE FUTURE OF SECURITIZATION. Rozens, Aleksandrs // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/26/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 21, p22
The article reports on the challenges facing the asset-backed financing industry in the U.S. The country has recorded a decline in the issuance of asset-backed securities to $901 billion in 2007, compared to $1.3 trillion in 2006. It reveals that the economic crisis as well as the decline in the...
- Chapter 5: Securitisation. // Guide to the Financial Markets;2005, p94
Chapter 5 of the book "The Economist: Guide to Financial Markets" is presented. It discusses asset-backed securities which are complicated but considered as important instruments since they have some characteristics in common with bonds and some important differences. It also features the two...
- Manager statistics at a glance. // Pensions & Investments;5/30/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p15
The article presents statistical information on values of various assets, bonds, equities, etc. It presents values of mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities, real estate equity investments, venture capital funds, private equity placed bonds, international assets, high-yield bonds,...
- Mezzanine and junior triple-A offers value in CMBS. K. S. // Asset Securitization Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p13
The article reports that mezzanine triple-As offer the best value within the 10-year triple A sector of the market for mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. in April 2006. According to analysts, junior triple-As have the best value in terms of fundamentals within the triple-A stack. Analysts...