- GLOBAL RANKING. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p50
Provides information on global ranking of investment banking from January 1, 2003 to December 31, 2003. High yield corporate debt; Mortgage-backed securities; Asset-backed securities; Collateralized debt obligations.
- LEAGUE TABLES. // Asset Securitization Report;10/6/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 38, p38
Presents charts ranking the top investment banks in terms of asset-backed securities (ABS). ABS managers and issuers; Collateralized debt obligations; Agency and non-agency issuers; Managers and issuers of commercial mortgage-backed securities.
- RBS Sues Law Firm for its Role in CDO Structuring. Pyburn, Allison // Private Placement Letter;7/11/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p3
Reports that Greenwich NatWest and National Westminster Bank PLC, subsidiaries of the Royal Bank of Scotland PLC, are suing a law firm for its role in the structuring and documentation of a collateralized debt obligation (CDO) for the company in 1999. Comment of Mike Ford, spokesman for Weil...
- Banks bond with CMBS. Gibson, Robert // Estates Gazette;10/1/2005, Issue 539, p49
This article reports on the agreement reached by NM Rothschild & Sons Ltd. and Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. to jointly originate loans for a commercial mortgage-backed securitisation, aimed for the first half of 2006. The move follows after Rothschild had arranged a securitisation for specialist...
- THE FUTURE OF SECURITIZATION. Rozens, Aleksandrs // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/26/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 21, p22
The article reports on the challenges facing the asset-backed financing industry in the U.S. The country has recorded a decline in the issuance of asset-backed securities to $901 billion in 2007, compared to $1.3 trillion in 2006. It reveals that the economic crisis as well as the decline in the...
- Chapter 5: Securitisation. // Guide to the Financial Markets;2005, p94
Chapter 5 of the book "The Economist: Guide to Financial Markets" is presented. It discusses asset-backed securities which are complicated but considered as important instruments since they have some characteristics in common with bonds and some important differences. It also features the two...
- Manager statistics at a glance. // Pensions & Investments;5/30/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p15
The article presents statistical information on values of various assets, bonds, equities, etc. It presents values of mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities, real estate equity investments, venture capital funds, private equity placed bonds, international assets, high-yield bonds,...
- Innovative deal from Spain will set guidelines for future transactions. Garry, Colleen // Asset Securitization Report;1/22/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 3, pN.PAG
Reports that Moody's Investors Service rated in 2001 a deal out of Spain that is likely to serve as an archtype for similar structures in other mortgage bond and pfandbriefe markets. Details of the fixed-rate bond transaction; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on...
- Market debates double-B HELs. K.D. // Asset Securitization Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the double-B rated class in most mortgage-related asset-backed securities in the U.S. Exclusive offering of double-B rated class in the private, Rule 144a market; Reverse inquiry interest; Enhancement trends for double-B bonds.