- Building the ideal pre-IPO board. Hanson, Lee; Jadick, Ted // Directors & Boards;2011 2nd Quarter, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p56
The article discusses the implications of creating a board de novo for pre-initial public offering (IPO) company. It is noted that building pre-IPO board is a most cost-effective advisory resource, and will aid in maximizing shareholder value, as well as enhancing the public companies' scrutiny....
- Akzo Nobel to list Organon shares. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/29/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p8
This article reports on the plan of Azko Nobel to divest its pharmaceutical business, Organon, through an initial public offering after rejecting proposals from private equity companies to buy the unit as a whole. The company said that it had reviewed the offers from the perspective of long-term...
- A seller's market. MAZE, JONATHAN // Nation's Restaurant News;4/27/2015, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p54
The article reports on developments in restaurant merger and acquisition activities in 2014. Topics mentioned include the factors that influenced merger and acquisition deals such as refranchising and divestitures, the impact of robust market for initial public offerings on the decline in the...
- COMMENT: PUBLIC OFFERINGS AND PRIVATE SALES OF SECURITIES. Singh, Ajai // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Spring2001, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p501
Examines the relationship between public offerings and private sales of securities. Conversion of securities into a common stock; Implication of the sale of undervalued stocks for the market value of stockholders; Reduction of the agency costs.
- High Hopes. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including China's emerging market, private equity, and initial public offerings (IPO).
- Bankers Think PE Will Fuel IPOs, Survey Finds. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the result of the survey conducted by BDO Seidman LLP which reveals that investment bank executives are anticipating an increase of initial public offerings (IPOs) from private-equity owned companies in the U.S.
- Any Lock That Ain't Locked. // NACD Directorship;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p80
The author offers his opinion on private equity stocks and Initial public offering of a company.
- Put the Top Down: Convertibles Hit Record While IPOs, Secondaries Struggle to Gain. Hahn, Avital Louiria // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/18/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 36, p14
Reports on the trading of convertibles in the United States, as of September 11, 2000. Comparison with the trading of initial public offerings (IPO); Shifts in the type of companies issuing convertibles; Terms of convertible deals; Prospects for IPO deals in the fourth quarter.
- Market stardom for divestiture IPOs. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the technique of divesting a subsidiary by initial public offerings (IPO) for restructuring companies with multiple businesses. Process involved in divestiture; Adverse effects of divestiture initial public offerings; Gains by Midwest Express Holdings Incorporated; Performance of the...