The Fee Buster
- New issues slow to a trickle--again. // High Yield Report;08/09/99, Vol. 10 Issue 32, pN
Reports on the performance of the high-yield bond market, on the deals underwritten by Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette and on bond offerings during the week of August 9, 1999.
- The Music Is Still Playing in HY Market. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;04/24/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the recruitment of investment managers in the United States high yield market.
- Investment bankers win big in slew of money manager mergers. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;11/27/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p74
Reports on the benefits that investment bankers get from mergers of money managers in the United States. Success of investment bankers.
- Wall Street Pay Down Big for 2001. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 47, pN.PAG
Reports that the salary package of investment bankers at the U.S.-based finance companies Goldman Sachs & Co. and Morgan Stanley & Co. has been drastically reduced. Percentage of overall decline in Wall Street bonuses; Expected reductions in pay packages of the employees; Plans of other...
- WHY BANKERS ARE UNINDICTED – SO FAR. Dtrauss-Einhorn, Cheryl // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/14/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 39, p28
Focuses on the role of the investment bankers in the Wall Street's conflict-of-interests drama. Accuracy of the financial reports; Relationship between the bankers and the regulators; Expertise on calculating earnings projections.
- Abandoned in the storm. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/26/99, Vol. 65 Issue 17, p16
Reports claims of investors against Wall Street underwriters on junk bonds market. Analysis on markets of junk bonds and underwriter; Firms cited as least supportive in bonds market; Response of cited firms on claims of investors; Explanation on junk bonds market results; Strategies adopted by...
- Finding Loopholes In New SEC Rules. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/9/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 34, p10
Reports on the approval of a set of rules for Wall Street financial analysts by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Requirement for all firms to state the percentage of securities belonging to buy, neutral or sell categories; Factor to consider in the amendment of the rule; Impact of...
- (Way) Off Wall Street. Welsh, James // On Wall Street;Nov2000, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p127
Looks at how money managers not based in Wall Street conduct their brokerage business. Advantages of working outside the Wall Street; Advantages of money managers that have their base of operation in Wall Street; Opportunities open to money managers outside the Wall Street.
- Time to bet against the buck? Kaye, Steven D. // U.S. News & World Report;12/23/96, Vol. 121 Issue 25, p79
Discusses gyrations on Wall Street in December 1996. Why investors are spooked; Fear that the Japanese government will slow its massive buying of United States Treasury bonds to keep the yen from falling any further; Tips on how investors can protect their portfolios; Views of advisers...