INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/1/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p17
Provides information on mergers and acquisitions as of February 2004. Healthcare industry; Media and entertainment industry; Real estate industry; Retail industry; Telecommunication.
- FURTHER READING. // MarketWatch: Energy;February 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p17
Lists articles about the energy industry. Acquisition strategies in residential energy sector; Fuel retailing in Europe; Emissions trading; Market entry strategies and retail delivery models for energy suppliers in the telecommunications retail mid-market.
- Paucity of Commercial Carrier Work Pushes Design Firms into New Areas. Gonchar, Joann // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/23/2003 Supplement, Vol. 250 Issue 24, p69
The beleaguered telecommunications market in the U.S. has been plagued by a glut of fiber, carrier bankruptcies and management scandals. Though there are areas of huge need, design firm executives say that they don't expect commercial telecommunications carriers to ring up many new projects...
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Outlook for 2010. Morozov, Alex // Morningstar StockInvestor;2/15/2010, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p26
The article provides information on the business outlook for 2010 for mergers and acquisitions in the health care sector. It cites that the pharmaceutical companies Wyeth and Schering-Plough Corp. were acquired by Pfizer Inc. and Merck & Co. Inc., respectively. It notes that pharmaceutical...
- Business & Finance. // Christian Science Monitor;6/15/99, Vol. 91 Issue 139, p24
Presents news briefs relating to business and finance as of June 15, 1999. Efforts of Qwest Communications to acquire US West and Frontier Corp.; Take-over negotiations between Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and two British merchandising chains; Weakened sales in retail.
- Telecom, Energy Deals Keep M&A Boom Going. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Apr2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p71
The article comments on global merger and acquisitions activity in the telecommunication industry and energy sectors in 2006. Key issues discussed include an analysis of major deals, the companies involved in the transactions, the net worth of the mergers and the issues' implications for global...
- Biotechs Merging to Pool Resources. Webb, Marion // San Diego Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the consolidation in biotechnology industry in San Diego, California. Reasons for the consolidations; Impact of the consolidated pharmaceutical industry on biotechnology companies; Firms gathering their resources with the aim of becoming fully integrated.
- Biotech companies adopt pharmaco's merger mania. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p18
Reports the growing acquisition trends in the biotechnology industry. Merger between Millennium Pharmaceuticals and Cor Therapeutics; Value of the acquisition Aviron by Medimmune; Terms of the deal between Cephalon and Group Lafon.
- Consolidation revisited. Williams, Alan // Journal of Commercial Biotechnology;Autumn2001, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p130
In 1998, the author produced two papers that argued that consolidation was a necessary activity for biotechnology companies to pay greater attention to. Three years later a further consideration of the subject seems worthwhile. Examples of successful consolidators are reviewed.