Valuing Our Work
- Regain control. // British Dental Journal;7/14/2007, Vol. 203 Issue 1, p54
The article focuses on the advice and money-saving financial guidance offered by money4dentists, a group that gives financial advices, to the dental profession in Great Britain. According the group, the dental practice could offset expenses on equipment, consumables and electricity bill through...
- Commissions mask true cost of advice. // Super Review;Apr2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p3
The article cites a study from West Australian super fund GESB which shows that Australian consumers are questioning on the true cost of advice, in which almost half of them thought less than 500 U.S. dollars per year was appropriate for a five-year financial plan.
- Glad tidings of good planning. Tisshaw, Gavin // Money Marketing;11/28/2002, p16
Discusses the value of financial advice offered by independent financial advisers (IFA) in Great Britain. Establishment of a bank of real-life examples of how advice made by an IFA made a tangible difference in people's lives; Potential savings made for clients every time an IFA puts a life...
- Learn financial basics before seeking help from professionals. Lenahan, Phil // Our Sunday Visitor;4/1/2012, Vol. 100 Issue 49, p25
This article presents tips for choosing a professional financial counselor.
- Depression in the Profession. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p10
Introduces articles on the emotional component of being a financial advisor featured in the April 2003 issue of the 'Journal of Financial Planning.'
- Spilled Alphabet Soup... // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p26
Comments on an article in the 'Wall Street Journal' criticizing the alphabet soup of financial planning and financial planning specialty designations. Need for the financial planning community to clarify and unify the accreditation of financial professionals.
- The Once-a-Decade Reinvention of the Profession. Veres, Bob // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p30
Examines the need to reinvent the profession of financial planning. Historical comparison; Life planning debate; Cash flow planning; Importance of periodical self-examination of the profession.
- An Emotional Experience with a Financial Component. Bradley, Susan K. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p32
Relates the experiences of a financial advisor in life transition planning. Planning model used for clients with a sudden financial increase and for people with financial losses; Comparison between life transitional planning and traditional planning; Short-term planning model in life transition...
- Concerns raised over advisers' role in LTC funding. Dale, Samuel // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);5/13/2013, p6
The article reports that after the Care bill in Great Britain failed to explicitly declare that state local authorities must direct people to regulated advisers, concerns have been raised about the participation of financial advisers in long term care funding.