A Letter from Camp
- Calendar of Events. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2007Supplement, Vol. 20, p4
The article presents a calendar of events run by the Financial Planning Association. The Fee Advisors Guide to Life Insurance Planning, presented by Joseph W. Maczuga, will be taught on July 13, 2007. A Financial Planning Association Reunion at Saint John's University will take place in July...
- Two faces of art. Gaskie, M. // Architectural Record;Nov1991, Vol. 179 Issue 11, p80
Examines the new Art Center at St. John's University in Minnesota designed by architect Hugh Newell Jacobsen. It provides flexible space for the college's growing arts department. Spaces; Uses; Exterior; Relationship to other buildings; Materials.
- The Good Book gets a hand. Nelson, Margaret // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/21/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6216, p19
Reports that Benedictine monks at Saint John's University in Collegeville, Minnesota has created the first illuminated Bible. Methods and technologies used by Benedictine monks in designing the illuminated Bible; Features of the holy scripture; Expected length of time to complete such project.
- Sex-trauma institute to be established. // National Catholic Reporter;10/29/93, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the decision of the St. John's Abbey and St. John's University to establish a sexual trauma institute. Promotion of healing of victims and prevention of abuse by clergy; Law suits involving monks; Participation of theologians and therapists in the advisory committee; Projected time of...
- ZANIEST CHEERLEADERS [St. John's (Minn.)]. // Sports Illustrated;10/7/2002, Vol. 97 Issue 14, p74
Reports on the zaniest cheerleaders at St. John's University in Minnesota.
- Lessons in the Landscape. Cavanagh, Catherine // Catholic New Times;5/24/2010, p1
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of living as a guest at the Collegeville Institute for Ecumenical and Cultural Research at Saint John's University in Minnesota and living in a fishing village on the coast of Ghana in West Africa.
- RELIGIOUS LEGAL THEORY. Movsesian, Mark L. // St. John's Law Review;Spring2011, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p397
The article offers information on Religious Legal Theory Conference that was held at the Center for Law and Religion in St. John's University, Minnesota. It also mentions that the event brought together traditionsfrom around the world along with papers addressing the role that law plays in...
- Copying the Bible like a medieval monk. Brunius, Harry // Christian Science Monitor;5/6/99, Vol. 91 Issue 112, p19
Focuses on Donald Jackson, a calligrapher and scribe to the Crown Office at the House of Lords in London, England, as of May 6, 1999. Career highlights, including his production of the Royal Consent for the marriage of Prince Charles and Lady Diana; Details of his attempt to handwrite and...
- Letter from the President. O'Malley, Kenneth // Catholic Library World;Dec2005, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p104
The article comments on the "Saint John's Bible" featured in the exhibit at the Hill Museum and Manuscript Library of Saint John's University and Abbey in Collegeville, Minnesota. The characteristics of the Bible are described. An overview of the desire of calligrapher Donald Jackson to write...