Still Slip-Sliding Away
- Limit intra-fund advice: ASFA. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;8/21/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p5
The article reports on the suggestion of the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) to the federal government to limit intra-fund advice in relation to superannuation account. ASFA expresses that it would not provide advice which involve other financial products to its members....
- Our factory of need. Rowe, Jonathan // Christian Science Monitor;12/17/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 17, p11
Discusses consumerism in the United States, in light of the suggestion that Americans spend money to improve economic conditions.
- Consumers open their wallets. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p49A
Focuses on issues related to United States economy. Demand for durable goods; Increase in consumer spending; Contribution of federal spending to the economy.
- FANCY FOOTWORK. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Jan2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p62
Presents forecasts on the financial planning market in the U.S. in 2005. Description of the condition of the 2005 economy; Factors that will affect the economy's performance; Implication of the possible increase in employment for other business sectors; Comparison of growth and inflation in the...
- Rebuild your nest egg. // Consumer Reports;Feb2009, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p16
The article presents advice on money investment and building a savings 'nest egg' for retirement. The article refers to the economic crisis in 2008 and 2009 and discusses what it means for investors. The article suggests tracking spending and redirecting tax savings. For retirees, the article...
- The Coming Nonprofit Crash. Lee, Mordecai // PA Times;Sep2004, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p5
Forecasts crisis in the U.S. nonprofit sector within the next decade. Determinants of the prediction; Growth trends in American nonprofits; Advantages of post-calamity nonprofit sector.
- BUSINESS BLUES. // Inventors' Digest;Dec2008, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p11
The article focuses on a mid-year report released by the National Small Business Association (NSBA) which showed that 70 percent of small-business owners in the U.S. anticipate a flat economy or recession in the coming year from 2008. According to Todd McCracken, president of NSBA,...
- PCA Predicts Recovery, State Budgets Remain in Question. // Rock Products;Jul2003, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p23
Reports on the spring 2003 construction industry forecast by the Portland Cement Association in the U.S. Impact of the economy on construction activity; Outlook on residential construction; Elements for recovery in the industry; Risk seen in public construction.
- Lobbyist sees challenging 2008 for casinos. Stutz, Howard // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);5/26/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 21, pP14
The article focuses on a forecast from the American Gaming Association that 2008 may be a challenging year for the commercial casino industry in the U.S. According to Frank Fahrenkopf Jr., president, based on a report conducted by the organization, airlines have been cutting on their service and...