Partnerships & Acquisitions
- Houghton Mifflin Gains Web-Based Assessment Platform in Acquisition of Edusoft. // Electronic Education Report;12/19/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Edusoft Ltd., a Web-based assessment platform provider, by Houghton Mifflin Co. in the U.S. Reason of Houghton for the acquisition of Edusoft; Nature on the business of Edusoft; Plans of Houghton on the operations of Edusoft.
- HM to Buy Test Assessment Firm. // Publishers Weekly;12/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 49, p8
Reports on a preliminary agreement forged by Houghton Mifflin to acquire academic assessment platform company Edusoft. Background of Edusoft.
- Riverdeep, Houghton Mifflin and Thomson Stir More M&A Activity Than Has Been Seen Since 2001. // Educational Marketer;11/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p1
The article reports development of merger and acquisition activity in the educational publishing industry. Thomson Learning Corp. and Houghton Mifflin Co. have the potential to account for the acquisition amounting to $10 billion in 2006. Also, a Riverdeep Inc. and Houghton agreed to create a...
- Houghton Mufflin's $4B Acquisition of Harcourt Stirs the Juices of Educational Publishing Industry. // Educational Marketer;7/23/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the issues concerning the $4 billion acquisition of Harcourt Inc. by Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. The educational publishing industry is intrigued by the pending transaction of the two companies due to the high debt load and how they will be integrated....
- Cengage to Acquire Houghton Muffin College. // Educational Marketer;12/10/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of the college division of Houghton Mifflin Co. by Cengage Learning in Boston, Massachusetts. The $750 million cash definitive agreement marks the unity of two of the four largest educational publishers in the U.S. The transaction is also believed to be...
- Houghton Muffin to Close On Harcourt Acquisition. // Educational Marketer;12/10/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the closure of the $4 billion agreement between Houghton Mifflin Co. and Harcourt Inc. in the U.S. The agreement was made after Houghton sold its college business to Cengage Learning. The Department of Justice cleared the way to complete the merger between the two...
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. Emerges. // Educational Marketer;1/7/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the completion of the merger of U.S. educational publishing houses, Houghton Mifflin Co. and Harcourt Education Group, creating Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. The acquisition by Houghton Mifflin covers Harcourt K-12 educational publishing business as well as the...
- Houghton Mifflin And WebCT Announce Alliance For College Mkt. // Educational Marketer;07/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the partnership of higher education publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. with WebCT to deliver its college textbooks and materials through the course management software of WebCT.
- Synergy, Adoptions and Acquisitions Suggested as Possible Growth Drivers for Houghton Mifflin. // Educational Marketer;1/20/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the growth strategy for Houghton Mifflin Co. in the U.S. Market share of the educational publisher; Product development and distribution partnership with Thomas H. Lee's portfolio units; Pursuit of opportunities on the K-12 textbook adoption circuit.