Barnes & Noble Reports Strong Holiday Sales
- B&N Pushes New Writers Off 'Power Aisle' Abbott, Charlotte // Publishers Weekly;4/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the plan of Barnes & Noble (B&N) to move its Discover New Writers display off the front racks of many stores in the U.S. at the of May 2005. Concerns of the book industry on the plan of the bookstore; Importance of the merchandising strategy to B&N superstores; Views of independent...
- Barnes & Noble Barnes & Noble Classics. // District Administration;Feb2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p70
Promotes several books from Barnes & Noble Inc. Price quotation of the books.
- PENNSYLVANIA. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;9/24/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 38, p23
The article features the book industry in Pennsylvania. It states that Pennsylvania has two major bookselling hubs, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with nearly half of all 31 Pennsylvania Barnes & Nobles located within a 25-mile radius of the two cities. Downtown Philadelphia was also home to the...
- Barnes & Noble Learns to Speak EspaÃ±ol. // Book Publishing Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p3
Announces the expansion of Spanish language book selection of Barnes & Noble Inc. to meet customer demands in the United States. Plan to inform customers about the section with in-store signs and tie-ins to Hispanic Heritage Month; Borders Group Inc.'s plan to offer Spanish books; Expansion of...
- BARNES & NOBLE SEES SLIGHT DROP IN PROFIT. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;3/1/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that book distributor Barnes & Noble had its profit shrunk by 1 million U.S. dollars to 80.2 million U.S. dollars by January 30, 2010.
- May Comp Sales Dip 0.5% at B&N. // Publishers Weekly;6/9/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 23, p24
Focuses on the comparable-store sales at book seller Barnes & Noble in May 2003. Details on the company's sales decline; Bestsellers sold by the firm.
- Battle of the bookstore giants. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Sep2006, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p14
The article compares the membership programs offered by Barnes & Noble and Borders bookstores. It provides information on the Personal Shopping Day and the Holiday Savings Rewards offered by Borders. Discounts, bargain books, and CD prices offered by each chain is compared. It also discloses the...
- Chain Sales Rise 8.7% in Third Qtr., To $1.8 Billion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 47, p7
Reports on the increase in sales of the major bookstore chains in the U.S. in the second quarter of 2003. Impact of the book "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" on bookstore sales; Percentage of increase in sales at Barnes & Noble; Store sales of Borders Group. INSET: Bookstore Sales...
- Retailers See Signs Of Happy Holidays. Milliot, Jim; Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;12/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 48, p5
Focuses on book sales during holiday season in 2003. Increase in bookstore sales at Barnes & Noble; Top selling categories at Borders during the third quarter of 2003; Comments from Andy Graves, owner of The Happy Bookseller.