Perseus Books Group Names New CEO
- Steinberger Takes Over At Perseus Books. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;1/12/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 2, p5
Announces the appointment of David Steinberger as president and chief executive officer of Perseus Book Group replacing Jack McKeown. Responsibilities the position requires; Career highlights of Steinberger; Factors that contributed to the appointment of Steinberger.
- Small publisher enters big leagues. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;9/10/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p1
The article focuses on Perseus Books Group, a small book publisher, which ranks eighth in the book universe. According to David Steinberger, chief executive of Perseus, the company is not in the big-bet poker game for New York Times best sellers. Steinberger further added that the company's...
- Initiating Change From The Top. Klein, Jeffrey S. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Mar2006, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p50
The article reflects on the role of a chief executive officer in a publishing company. It cites demands being placed on media chief executive officers. It mentions factors that put added pressure on the executive team. It stresses the disadvantages of using the command and control approach to...
- Farrar, Straus, & Giroux To Cut Title Output Slightly In 2005. // Book Publishing Report;12/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p5
This article focuses on the publishing agenda. Farrar, Straus, & Giroux, New York isn't planning on major changes in its publishing agenda for 2005, but CEO Jonathan Galassi wants to reduce the number of books published next year from about 300 published this year. FSG has been developing its...
- The US Market for Translations. Levisalles, Natalie // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p55
This article looks into the U.S. market for books translated to English. Fifty percent of all the books translated in the world are translated from English, but only 3% into English. In the U.S, among the 134,000 books published every year, only 300 are literary translations. The situation is...
- Eberhard Could Make Comeback. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;12/2/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 48, p15
Speculates on the career of Martin Eberhard, former chief executive officer of Rocket eBook, in the book industry. Controversies surrounding Eberhard; Views of Eberhard on book publishing.
- David Steinberg. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;12/17/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 24, p27
Features David Steinberg, founder and chief executive officer of InPhonic. Brief information on the company; His management strategies.
- THE EDITOR'S NOTE. Bail, Kathy // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/26/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6352, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the performance reports of best chief executive officers (CEO) published in the November 26, 2002 issue of the journal 'The Bulletin.' Compilation of best CEO list; Performance evaluation of CEO; Other features published in the journal.
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;12/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p5
The article presents news briefs on the developments made in the field of publishing. Regnery Publishing Inc. coordinated with the firm Perseus Books Group for the distribution of its titles, in the year 2007. Judy Brown, an editor, and her publishers were accused by Jay Leno, host of the TV...