Pearson Takes Steps to Realize Goal of Company-Wide Integration
- Pearson Expects Penguin Group to Post Modest Revenue Gains for 2003. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p3
Reports that London, England-based publisher Pearson is expecting its Penguin Group division to finish 2003 with a 1-2 percent increase in sales. Sales of the publisher in 2002; Strong second half front list sales of the company.
- Gotham Hopes For Home Run With Cal Ripkin Books. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p4
Reports that Penguin Group imprint Gotham Books has acquired three books by baseball legend Cal Ripkin Jr. to be published by Penguin Group's children's imprint Hilomel Books; Acquisition of the world rights for all three books fro Scott Waxman of The Waxman Literary Agency; Release of the first...
- NEW YORK. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;8/13/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 32, p23
This article offers an overview about the state of book selling in New York. Both publishing and printing are among the principal industries in New York. New York City is home to some of the most influential book review publications, the biggest museum bookstore and the largest bookstore chain...
- Books come in an instant. // Printing World;6/17/2004, Vol. 286 Issue 12, p41
Reports that a bookshop in New Jersey has set up an instant book production unit inside the store. Features of the InstaBook unit developed by Victor Celorio; Functions.
- BOOK BRIEFS. // Book Publishing Report;8/18/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p4
Reports developments in publishing industry in the U.S. as of August 18, 2003. Sale of books on politics; Recipient of August 2003 Read This! Book Club pick of morning show Good Morning America; Acquisition of the Penguin Group
- A Review of the Brazilian Book Market. Costa, Ricardo // Publishing Research Quarterly;Mar2011, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p72
Brazil is a huge country with at least 100 million readers with a total population of 200 million. Is this a good number for you? The article describes the developments of the Brazilian book market and publishing industry. Sales in 2009 were an estimated $2.5 billion for more than 228 million...
- EXCLUSIVE ANNUAL BPR ANALYSIS: THE 2003 NEW YORK TIMES HOW-TO, ADVICE & MISC. LISTS. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the top best selling books in the advice, how-to and miscellaneous category included in the Best Seller Scorecard of the newspaper "New York Times," for the week of January 12, 2004. "The South Beach Diet," by Arthur Agatston; "Atkins for Life," by Robert Atkins; "The Purpose-Driven...
- Spring Arbor Discontinues Gift Distribution to Focus on Books. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
Reports that Spring Arbor will transition out of the distribution of gifts and church supplies to concentrate on its book, music and Bible business according to executives.
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;3/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p5
The article presents news related to the publishing industry. John Wiley & Sons and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers have entered a multi-year agreement to jointly publish books on chemical engineering and industrial chemistry under a new, co-branded imprint. Simon & Schuster's Adult...