Global efforts to eradicate polio
- Conclusions and recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Poliomyelitis Eradication, Geneva, 11-12 October 2005. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;11/25/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 47, p410
This article informs that the second meeting of the Advisory Committee on Poliomyelitis Eradication was convened in Geneva, Switzerland, on October 11-12, 2005. The objective was to provide the World Health Organisation and the Global Polio Eradication Initiative with expert advice on: programme...
- Saudi Arabia requires people aged under 15 years travelling from polio-affected countries to be immunized against the disease. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;8/19/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 33, p288
This article reports that Saudi Arabia requires people aged under 15 years traveling from polio-affected countries to be immunized against the disease. The Ministry of Health of Saudi Arabia has announced that all people under the age of 15 years traveling to Saudi Arabia from countries...
- Progress Toward Poliomyelitis Eradication -- India, 2003. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;3/26/2004, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p238
Reports on the status of poliomyelitis eradication activities in India in 2003. Percentage increase in global incidence of polio; Total cases of wild poliovirus in India in 2003; Districts with wild poliovirus cases; Status of poliovirus vaccination in 2002.
- Progress Toward Global Eradication of Poliomyelitis, 2002. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/9/2003, Vol. 290 Issue 2, p188
Discusses the progress being made toward the global eradication of poliomyelitis in 2002. Implementation of polio eradication strategies; Impact of wild poliovirus transmission; Preparations for post-eradication activities.
- Progress towards global poliomyelitis eradication: preparation for the oral poliovirus vaccine cessation era. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;9/24/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 39, p349
The article presents information on the progress towards global poliomyelitis eradication and preparation for the oral poliovirus vaccine cessation era. A substantial body of research has been compiled since 1988 to assist in long-term strategy development, culminating in 2003, when a WHO...
- Laboratory Surveillance for Wild and Vaccine-Derived Polioviruses, January 2003-June 2004. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;10/29/2004, Vol. 53 Issue 42, p990
Reports on the global laboratory surveillance for poliomyelitis in World Health Organization regions from January 2003 to June 2004. Background on the global polio laboratory network; Information on wild poliovirus (WPV) and vaccine-derived poliovirus (VDPV); Locations where WPV and VDPV were...
- Progress towards interrupting wild poliovirus transmission worldwide, January 2007-April 2008. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;5/9/2008, Vol. 83 Issue 19, p170
The article reports on the progress of the global Polio Eradication Initiative organized by the World Health Assembly (WHA) for the intervention of wild poliovirus (WPV) transmission in January 2007-April 2008. It is mentioned that the global Polio Eradication Initiative has reduced the...
- UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR ERADICATION SUCCESS NOW RESTS WITH KEY GOVERNMENTS. // Indian Journal of Medical Sciences;Feb2004, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p85
Reports on the massive polio immunization campaigns of the World Health Organization. Prevalence of polio disease; Data on health programs for the eradication of the disease; Benefits of the health programs.
- Background Polio disease and control. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;7/11/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 28, p242
Discusses key issues concerning the disease poliomyelitis. Description of the polio disease; Polio control initiatives; Implications on disease prevention and public health.