Restructured health system worries Quebec physicians
- Panel to Look into Health Care, Recommend Closures. Breen, Carol // Insurance Advocate;6/20/2005, Vol. 116 Issue 13, p8
The article focuses on the Commission on Health Care Facilities, which will examine the health care system and make recommendations for hospital and nursing home closures. The Commission will consider the impact closing facilities will have on health services in geographic areas and on the local...
- Shopping for a nursing home. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jan2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
Discusses key issues concerning choosing a nursing home for a relative who needs round-the-clock care for a physical or mental condition in the U.S. Selection criteria; Watch list for nursing homes; Implications on medical care.
- A Comparison of Assistive Technology and Personal Care in Alleviating Disability and Unmet Need. Agree, Emily M.; Freedman, Vicki A. // Gerontologist;Jun2003, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p335
Presents information on a study which examined differences in reports of residual disability and unmet need by type of long-term care arrangement, assistive technology or personal care. Measures of assistive technology and personal care; Measures of effectiveness; Results and discussion.
- Post Scripts. Keane, Bil; Fontaine, Robert; Emmons, Dick; Swinnerton, A. R. // Saturday Evening Post;8/8/1959, Vol. 232 Issue 6, p34
This article focuses on reader's responses in the August 1959 issue of the journal "Saturday Evening Post." Information on a modern hospital in which one of the reader was hospitalized; Details of the hospital and services provided.
- Risk Factors For Mortality From Infectious Diseases Among Elderly From Long-Term Care Facilities. Koketsu, Hideki; Tokuda, Yasuharu; Stein, Gerald H. // Internet Journal of Infectious Diseases;2002, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p11
Background: The purpose of this study was to analyze risk factors for mortality in elderly residents who had acquired infections in long-term care facilities (LTCF) and were transferred to an acute care hospital. Methods: A retrospective medical record review was conducted in Okinawa Chubu...
- N.H.'s Largest Nursing Homes. // New Hampshire Business Review;2005 Book of Lists, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p74
The article presents a list of largest nursing homes in New Hampshire. The list presents information on address of nursing home, types of facility, director of nursing home, phone number and number of beds. Some of the nursing homes included in the list are: Greenbriar Terrace Health Care;...
- MOH NURSING CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINES 1/2005. // Singapore Nursing Journal;Apr-Jun2006, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p52
Presents a set of clinical practice guidelines which assists healthcare providers involved with clinical care in managing falls in hospitals and long term care institutions. Algorithm for the prevention of falls; Definition of falls; Assessment of fall risk; Risk factors contributing to falls.
- The Most Common and Financially Disastrous. ENEA, ANTHONY J. // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/1/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 22, pS17
The article discusses some of the most common and financially devastating misconceptions related to spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on long-term care. Some of the misconceptions associated are it is too late to do anything, protection of assets funded in a revocable living trust,...
- THERAPEUTIC ENVIRONMENTS. Pitts, Francis M.; Hamilton, D. Kirk // Health Facilities Management;Sep2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p39
Presents information on therapeutics environments in health facilities. Accumulation of data which prove the connection between design and care; Explanation that therapeutic environments movement found its birth at the coincidental intersection of the beliefs and convictions of five groups of...