- oh, embraceable you. Sohn, Emily // Health (Time Inc. Health);Apr2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p93
Offers insights on having a stable sense of self-esteem. Challenges in balancing the levels of self-esteem; Ways to build self-esteem; Importance of balanced self-esteem. INSET: Join the ranks of the stably secure.
- Proper Attire. Wofford, Monica // Personal Excellence;Sep2007, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p10
The article offers advice on how to boost our self-esteem. We have voices in our heads that tell us how we think others see us. These can have an effect on our self esteem. We control these voices and how we control them can alter our mood. Keeping things real, being careful of what we keep...
- The NO-EXCUSES guide to getting what YOU WANT. // Cleo;Jun2007, p84
The article offers suggestions on how to boost one's self-esteem. Millions of people suffer from not-good-enough syndrome and have self-esteem so low it adversely affects their relationships, work prospects, body image and quality of life. Living a naughtier life is simply about learning how to...
- THE love yourself LIST. Rochester, A. J. // Cleo;Jan2006, p162
Thee article focuses on loving oneself among women. Treating oneself well will make a person feel good about herself. Put a list of the things that may help a person feel good and increase self-esteem.
- WHAT DO BLACKS THINK OF THEMSELVES? Clark, Kenneth B.; Clark, Mamie Phipps // Ebony;Nov1980, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p176
The article discusses a survey of the contemporary self-image of African Americans. The study shows that as of November 1980, the positive gains obtained by the Civil Rights movement in the 1950s and the 1960s have not yet resulted in a positive self-image for the majority of Blacks. The survey...
- Size and Sensibility. Kuffel, Frances // Psychology Today;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p64
Presents an article on losing weight and developing self-esteem. Recovery from food addiction; Challenges encountered in developing self-esteem; Influence of physical appearance on the level of self-esteem.
- MY OLD BOYFRIEND. Wolfe, Lisa // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jan2008, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p170
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of realizing that she wasted a moment of young love worrying about her thighs.
- THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL. Weathers, Diane // Essence (Time Inc.);Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p22
Discusses ways to love oneself. Views on love; Importance of loving oneself.
- The Sentimentalizing of 'Self-Esteem'. Schmoker, Mike // Education Week;9/6/1989, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p34
The article shares that author's views pertaining to the students' self-esteem in directing education. According to the author, self-esteem has been sentimentalized and has become less a quality to be slowly earned than one quickly and easily given, not something shaped but realized. It is a...