Interpreting Differences in Stuttering Frequency on Content and Function Words: A Reply to Wingate (2003)
- ACQUIRED STUTTERING. Meghji, Chamine // Journal of Family Practice;Oct1994, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p325
A letter to the editor about acquired stuttering is presented.
- HALOPERIDOL IN THE TREATMENT OF STUTTERERS. Cookson, Ian B.; Wells, P. G. // British Journal of Psychiatry;
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on haloperidol in the treatment of stutters by P. T. Quinn and C. Peachey.
- Prediction of Outcome After Treatment for Stuttering. Finn, Patrick; Gow, Merrilyn // British Journal of Psychiatry;Feb89, Vol. 154, p273
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the report by Andrews and Craig in the August 1988 issue which claims to have identified three treatment goals that predict long-term success following stuttering therapy.
- Is Stuttering Triggered by the Insertion of Tympanostomy Tubes? Van Borsel, John // Journal of Otolaryngology -- Head & Neck Surgery;Apr2008, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p141
A letter to the editor is presented about the onset of stuttering as observed in a 3Â½-year-old boy on the insertion of tympanostomy tubes.
- Stuttering studies support treatment. Onslow, Mark; Packman, Ann; Howell, Peter // Nature;2/24/2011, Vol. 470 Issue 7335, p465
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article related to the Lidcombe programme for reducing stuttering which was developed with colleagues at the Australian Stuttering Research Centre at the University of Sydney by Peter Howell that was published in one of the previous issues.
- Major Problems With a Revisit. Wingate, Marcel E. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Dec2003, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p1468
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Stuttering Frequency on Content and Function Words in Adults Who Stutter: A Concept Revisited," by V. N. Dayalu, J. Kalinowski, A. Stuart, D. Holbert and M.P. Rastatter, which appeared in the October 2002 issue of the "Journal of...
- Comments on Bothe, Davidow, Bramlett, Franic, and Ingham (2006). Meline, Timothy; Harn, William E. // American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology;Feb2008, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p93
Purpose: To critically assess the quality, methodology, and conclusions in A. K. Bothe, J. H. Davidow, R. E. Bramlett, D. M. Franic, and R. J. Ingham's (2006) systematic review of pharmacological approaches to stuttering. Method: A. D. Oxman and G. H. Guyatt's (1988) guidelines for reading...
- Pharmacological Approaches to Stuttering Treatment: Reply to Meline and Harn (2008). Bothe, Anne K.; Franic, Duska M.; Ingham, Roger J.; Davidow, Jason H. // American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology;Feb2008, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p98
Purpose: To address questions raised by T. Meline and W. E. Harn (2008) in their critique of our previous article (A. K. Bothe, J. H. Davidow, R. E. Bramlett, D. M. Franic, & R. J. Ingham, 2006). Method: Additional information is provided to address several issues raised by Meline and Harn....
- Clinicians Deserve Better: Observations on a Clinical Forum Titled "What Child Language Research May Contribute to the Understanding and Treatment of Stuttering" (2004). Ingham, Roger J. // Language, Speech & Hearing Services in Schools;Apr2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p152
Presents a letter to the editor regarding to the contribution of child language research to treatment for children who stutter.