REIT Party May Be Really, Really Over
- Fla.'s Sunset Hires B of A for Advice. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;10/31/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 209, p17
The article reports that Banc of America Securities LLC has been hired to review the business plan of real estate investment trust Sunset Financial Resources Inc. and to offer advice on maximizing shareholder value. Reference is made to a conflict with a shareholder, Arthur Lipson, who wants to...
- Thornburg May Cut '07 Dividend. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;7/24/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 140, p17
This article reports on Thornburg Mortgage Inc.'s 2006 second-quarter earnings, which fell short of expectations. The Santa Fe, New Mexico, real estate investment trust and loan specialist warned that it may have to cut its dividend in 2007 as well. A number of analysts downgraded Thornburg...
- Dividends vital to maintaining REIT status. // Hotel & Motel Management;3/18/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the importance of stock dividends in real estate investment trusts in the U.S. Distribution of taxable income to shareholders; Sources of information; Compliance to the Internal Revenue Code.
- Has Reccession's Star, The REIT, Had Its Day? Hintze, John // Bank Investment Consultant;Feb2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p30
Reports on forecasts for Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). Observation of REIT's performance during 1972 to 2001; Predictions regarding companies' lower earnings in 2003 and 2004; Faith on REIT's future performance by several companies; Impact of the proposal put forth by the U.S. President...
- A Bad Deal For REITs? Gregory, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/13/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the impact of dividend tax elimination on real estate investment trusts. Reforms for real estate investment trusts; Elimination of double taxation of dividends.
- SEB IMMOINVEST FUND TO PAY OUT. // EuroProperty;7/9/2012, p5
The article reports on real estate fund SEB Immoinvest's announcement of a payout of 20 percent of the fund volume to its investors following its liquidation in May 2012.
- Regional Mall REITs Face Limited Growth Opportunities in 2013. Misonzhnik, Elaine // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;2/28/2013, p9
The article reports on the apparent limited growth opportunities for regional mall real estate investment trusts (REITs) in the U.S. in 2013 in which, according to analysts, redevelopment will remain as the main avenue for growth in the regional mall sector.
- Banc of America analyst raises profit estimates. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;4/4/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 14, p5
The article reports that Banc of America Securities LLC analyst Kevin McCarthy is raising profit forecasts for Dow Chemical, Lyondell, Nova and Westlake, based on higher ethylene chain margins in January and February. The analyst is also cutting earnings estimates for Georgia Gulf on an...
- Countrywide Wins Upgrade But Faces Profitability Loss. Berry, Kate // American Banker;8/20/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 160, p17
This article reports that Countrywide Financial Corp. was upgraded from "sell" to "neutral" by analyst Robert Lacoursiere from the Banc of American Securities. Mr. Lacoursiere predicts that Countrywide will emerge from the current industry crisis smaller and much less profitable. He does feel...