Placing Bets on The First Junk Blockbuster
- Charter Plans $1.6B Drive-By Junk Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/19/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p9
The article reports on the plan of Charter Communications, a cable service provider, to price junk bonds worth 1.6 billion U.S. dollars.
- HY trades down, lags treasurys. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;01/10/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p4
Reports the high-priced deal made by Charter Communications in the United States. Salomon Smith Barney as the lead investment bank on the transaction; Impact of the ratings on the deal; Prices to yield points over comparable Treasuries; Proceeds used to finance the acquisition of equipment and...
- Junk Bond Market Loses Some Steam. Sheahan, Matthew // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/8/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 14, p8
The article offers updates on the business condition of the junk bond market in the U.S. for 2011. It notes that there are increases in deals early in the first quarter of 2011. It says that deals were pulled out and issuance of junk bond declined in March because of the political crisis in the...
- Charter Drives By with $750M Offer. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p12
The article reports on the plan of Saint Louis, Missouri-based cable service company Charter Communications to sell 750 million U.S. dollars in junk bonds.
- Charter Issues $1B in Drive-By HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p39
The article reports on a drive-by junk bond of 1 billion U.S. dollars issued by Charter Communications on September 20, 2010.
- Charter Issues $1.5B in Upsized HY Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/9/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p6
The article reports that Charter Communications is selling junk bonds worth 1.5 billion U.S. dollars.
- Charter Taking Out TL with $1B in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/9/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p33
The article reports on the 1-billion U.S. dollar high-yield bond issue from Charter Communications.
- MGM, Charter and Sophia Price $2.13B in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/16/2012, p14
The article reports on the pricing of the deals on the junk bond market of MGM Resorts International, Charter Communications and Sophia on January 16, 2012. MGM was able to sell senior notes worth 850 million dollars, which will be due in 2019. Charter sold 750 million dollars worth of senior...
- Three Companies Add $1.3B to HY Queue. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/5/2011, p12
The article discusses the junk bonds being sold by three companies, namely Charter Communications' 750 million dollar senior unsecured notes due 2020, Horsham's 300 million dollar senior notes, and PHH's 250 million dollar senior notes due on 2019.