Securitization: A Cloudy Forecast
- Asset-Based Lending: A Creative Financing Alternative for Many Cash-Strapped Businesses. Eden, Tracy // Business Credit;Apr2003, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p28
Details the financing alternative called asset-based lending that United States companies facing financial problems can use. Companies that have acquired asset-based lending services; Primary types of asset-based lending; Benefits of the process to companies.
- 'Fallen Angels' Spur Downgrades. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;03/12/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p4
Reports the decline in synthetic collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in 2001. Main reason for the problems in synthetic CDO; Differences between the downgrades in synthetic and high-yield CDO; Factors that contributed to the deterioration of investment-grade corporate credit.
- USING A FOREIGN JURISDICTION TRUST TO PROTECT YOUR CLIENTS' PERSONAL ASSETS. Jahde, Alan R.; Cubbage, Cheryl Toman // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr91, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p86
This article examines the importance of planning client' affairs to minimize or eliminate the risk and exposure of their personal assets to business creditors or liability lawsuits. It analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of traditional asset-protection planning techniques, and highlights the...
- Asset-Based Lenders Report Significant Growth in First Quarter. // Secured Lender;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the growth of asset-based lenders in the first quarter of 2008 according to the "Quarterly Asset-Based Lending Index, Q1 2008" report by the Commercial Finance Association (CFA) in the U.S. The growth reveals a 5.6 increase in total committed credit lines among the...
- DEUTSCHE BANK PLACES FIRST GERMAN CMBS SINCE 2007 AT 300BP. // EuroProperty;10/8/2012, p1
The article reports that Deutsche Bank AG has privately placed German commercial mortgage-backed securitisation (CMBS) since 2007 at 300 basis points (BP).
- PULLED APART. Chesler, Caren // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/2/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 31, p26
Reports on the influence of reputation-related incentives on the valuation of corporate credit quality by rating agencies in the U.S. Decline of corporate treasurers and investors' confidence in the credibility of rating agencies; Decision making based on financial conditions in the asset-backed...
- Property Rights, Collateral, Creditor Rights, and Insolvency in East Asia. Arner, Douglas W.; Boom, Charles D.; Lejot, Paul; Hsu, Berry F. C. // Texas International Law Journal;Summer2007, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p515
The article reports on a study which has examined discrete aspects of the creation and treatment of secured creditor interests, processes for insolvency, securitization, and the functional relationship between these related aspects of law in eleven East Asian jurisdictions. It has been suggested...
- Whispers. // Asset Securitization Report;12/13/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 48, p1
Presents news briefs related to asset-backed financing in the U.S. compiled as of December 2004. Decision of Michael Plunkett to join Hypo Vereinsbank as director of securitization in New York; Commercial Credit Group Inc.'s selection of Portfolio Financial Servicing Co. as its services of its...
- Mortgage lenders turn to ABCP. Drucker, Vanessa // Asset Securitization Report;1/23/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses the significance of asset-backed commercial paper (ABCP) to mortgage lenders. The issuance of a commercial paper can cover majority of the originating financial company loans. Due to the vulnerability of originators, to the quick withdrawal of credit lines from broker...