Advisers Descend On Parmalat
- Group of creditors aim to secure swap from Parmalat. Staff // Private Placement Letter;11/15/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the issuance of a debt for equity swap for creditors of Parmalat Finanziaria SpA as part of the company's reorganization plan in Italy. Total number of bankruptcy claims processed by the company; Estimates on the total value of the plan; Impact of the move on the recovery process of...
- Parmalat advisers jostle for legal fees as wind-up hits snag. // Lawyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the reimbursement of legal fees for lawyers of the creditors of bankrupt Italian food group, Parmalat, following a failed attempt to reorganize the company. Set-up of a creditors committee by the debtor to reimburse the law firms; Deliberation on amount of fees to be paid.
- Crying over spilt milk. Banyard, Peter // Credit Management;Mar2004, p24
Focuses on the accounting fraud controversy at British dairy company Parmalat SpA. Details of the controversy; Responsibility of the company's auditors to the company; Company's credit rating; Implications of the controversy for the credit rating industry.
- Spilled Milk. // Latin Trade (English);Mar2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p17
Presents views by Parmalat executives and prosecutors on the corporate accounting fraud uncovered by Italian investigators. Impact of the Parmalat fraudulent activity on Latin America; Views of Milberg Weiss lawyer Darren Robbins on Parmalat financial advisors, accountants and lawyers;...
- Two accounting scandals taint auditor's rise. Osterland, Andrew // Crain's Chicago Business;8/6/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p13
The article reports on issues concerning Grant Thornton LLP's involvement in two accounting scandals and how it affected the growth plans of the company. At Refco Inc., Grant Thornton's fraud involved hiding liabilities through round-trip loans that created fictitious receivables near the end of...
- PICKING UP THE PIECES. Lyman, Eric J.; Kepp, Michael // Latin Trade (English);Apr2004, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p40
Discusses the financial problems facing Italian dairy company Parmalat as of April 1, 2004. Breakdown of the company's operations after the court ruling declaring its insolvency and the discovery of a massive accounting scandal; Apprehension of Parmalat's assets in the Latin American division;...
- Parmalat Spotlight Shines on BofA. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/8/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the addition of Bank of America employees to the investigation into Parmalat Finanziaria SpA's accounting fraud. Fabrication of Parmalat's account at the bank; Kickback scheme of Italian authorities; Amount misappropriated by banker Luca Sala.
- Parmalat plan. // Dairy Industries International;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p7
Reports that troubled and insolvent dairy company Parmalat SpA has announced guidelines for a corporate restructuring plan. Process of paying the company's creditors; Submission of the plan to Italy's minister for industry.
- Parmalat restructuring unveiled. // Food Processing (00156523);Jul2004, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p12
Reports that Enrico Bondi, the Italian turnaround expert who was appointed by the Italian government to run bankrupt dairy company Parmalat in 2003, has presented to the government his restructuring plan for the company. Sale of non-core assets; Focus on fruit juice, milk and milk products.