FOR AUDITS, ILLNESS PREVENTION: PREPARING F/S STAFF
- Safety All Year. Biars, Lee // Food & Drink;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on the significance of the National Food Safety Education Month in the U.S. for the food service industry and explores the food safety practices that food service staff should follow religiously. The special month is celebrated every September. It emphasizes the importance of...
- Welfare amenity provisions. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p425
An encyclopedia entry for government regulations in Great Britain on welfare amenity provisions in food service and food handling businesses is presented. Sanitary conveniences, hand washing and showering arrangements, facilities for the changing of clothing and clothing storage arranges and...
- Operating a sanitary and safe kitchen. Bouley, Phyllis M. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Apr2007, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p64
The article discusses how a clean, organized kitchen promotes health and safety for residents and staff of long-term care facilities. Proper and frequent hand washing may be the simplest way to operate a sanitary and safe kitchen. Besides correct hand washing, the overall health and hygiene of...
- For good or ill, the Great Unwashed are making a comeback. Lusk, Martha Larche // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p26
Opinion. Focuses on the importance of handwashing among foodservice personnel. Cautions given by the health-care people; Determination if a person has washed his or her hand after using the rest room.
- REPETITION IS KEY TO: HANDLING HANDWASHING. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p120
Presents information on several ways to encourage food service employees to continually wash their hands. Basic steps of proper handwashing; Errors committed by employees when they wash their hands; Instances that necessitate handwashing.
- HAND-WASHING IS THE KEY TO FOOD SAFETY. // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep2003, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p84
Emphasizes the significance of hand-washing to food safety. Importance of hand-washing to food service employees; Factors that influence hand-washing behaviors; Efforts of the Handwashing Leadership Forum to urge hand washing practices in the food service industry.
- Mobile Food Trucks: California EHS-Net Study on Risk Factors and Inspection Challenges. Faw, Brenda Vanschaik; Tuttle, Joyce L. // Journal of Environmental Health;Apr2014, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p36
The article reports on the growing popularity of mobile food trucks across the U.S. A discussion of a study of mobile food trucks which was conducted by the California Environmental Health Specialists Network (EHS-Net), which is part of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and...
- Put Numbers On Your Handwashing Standards. Mann, Jim // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2004, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p150
This article discusses standards for both quality and frequency in handwashing in the food service industry. Basic handwashing procedures are covered in virtually every food safety training program. Once procedures are demonstrated, a proven way of testing proficiency is to have workers...
- Make Food Safety a Criteria in Kitchen Design. Lawn, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep2005, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p104
Interviews Bill Eaton, president of Ciniâ€¢Little International, on food safety in the restaurant business. Impact of food safety concerns on kitchen design; Issues regarding handwashing to prevent foodborne illnesses; Changes in terms of displaying food.