A SENSIBLE APPROACH TO: HEALTHY VENDING
- Mixing it up. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p64
Focuses on maximizing the vending machine profits of food service operators in the U.S. by proper mix of vending products. Factors that contributed to vending machine profits; Strategy of Matt Warner, purchasing director for Sanese Services, in putting together a proper mix of vending...
- MarketCapsule: 1-IN-5 OPS PUSH VENDING PROFITS. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the results of a survey on the profit growth of vending business in the United States in 2001.
- PACKAGING IS KEY TO HOT FOOD SALES: VENDING HEATS UP. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p100
Reports on the popularity of vended hot food products in the U.S. as of July 15, 2002. Food items used by Automatic Chef Co.; Features of Hot Choice vending machines; Remarks from Dennis Plaster, vending supervisor for Ft. Hood military base in Killeen, Texas on how the hot food vending machine...
- Vending Machines Go to the Dogs. // National Geographic Kids;Oct2002, Issue 324, p7
Reports on the availability of dog foods at vending machines in Maine. Types of dog candy available.
- Healthy eating in a hurry. Young, Stephanie // Redbook;Mar2000, Vol. 194 Issue 3, p48
Offers suggestions on what food to choose from in a vending machine that would not affect the diet of a person. INSET: When is a candy bar better?.
- Ban Junk Food in School? // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;9/6/2002, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p7
Presents a debate on whether vending machines that dispense junk foods should be banned in school.
- VENDING MACHINES: health. Macdonald, Ken // Science World;2/2/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 8/9, p27
Addresses the link between the junk food sold from school vending machines and rising rates of diabetes and obesity in young people.
- `Out-of-service' time reductions: Break-downs. Lackey, G.E. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p216
Reports on the impact of vending machine breakdowns on food service operations. Vending machines' integration of electronic technology; Downtime reduction in vending machine servicing; Sales effect of broken vending machines.
- Effective lobbying means one clear and influential industry voice - the AVA working together with the EVA. // Vending International;Aug2010, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the partnership of the European Vending Association (EVA) and the Automatic Vending Association (AVA) to provide the correct facts, knowledge, and information on several issues including levies on vending machines, the healthy eating lobby, and food labeling in Europe.