Helping them find the time
- New start-up combos. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p112
Provides information on innovative ideas to increase student breakfast participation at some school cafeterias in the United States. Promotional giveaways; Popular breakfast foods among students; Breakfast choices for students; Free breakfasts.
- In California School Dist.: Special breakfasts attract parents. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p13
Highlights the breakfast program of the Santa Maria-Bonito School District in California. Details on the `Muffins for Mom' and `Donuts for Dad' program; Effectiveness of the program on getting parents and children together to eat; How the school cafeterias are decorated.
- Breakfast fuels the day. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the reliance of school kids on school food service for breakfast in the U.S. Value of a nutritious breakfast to the education process; Meal service for breakfast being offered by most of the schools in Chinle, Arizona; Popularity of Mexican foods in schools.
- WV ranks No. 1 in school breakfast. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the top national ranking of West Virginia for the efforts of school food service facilities in the state in promoting school breakfast programs.
- TAKIN' IT TO 'EM: New Mex. students grab b'fast. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the increased breakfast participation at an Albuquerque, New Mexico middle school after the district replaced its traditional service with grab-and-go breakfast carts. Statement from Gabriela Pachecho, district nutrition coordinator of Albuquerque; Information on the breakfast...
- In Fla. School Dist.: `Home-Made' Concepts Double Participation. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p52
Reports the increase in the rate of lunch participation in Charlotte County Schools, Punta Gorda, Florida. Details on the foodservice concept and marketing programs at the school; Total student population; Growth of lunch service under foodservice director Carol Kehrer's direction; Food items...
- Healthy Lunchrooms For Healthy Students. Connolly, Sally Ann // Education Week;4/3/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in on the topic of school lunch nutrition and its impact on the health of students.
- E. BATON ROUGE: Louisiana schools `structure' kitchens. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the restructuring of East Baton Rouge Parish School's foodservice in 1999. Structure of the school's kitchen; Problem with regards to keeping good foodservice employees; Food preferences of the students; Other changes made in the the school's food service.
- Industry Census. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p62
Looks at the results of the 1998 `Food Service Director' magazine's annual School Meal Participation Ranking in the United States (US) and details the compliance of schools to the US Department of Agriculture's calorie goals. Overall participation in high schools; Programs implemented in 1998;...