AT ST. VINCENT HOSPITAL: Temporary f/s fix proves to be full-time sales booster
- Hospital's food service expansion adds value to patient care. // PM Engineer;Aug2014, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p58
The article reports on the installation of a UL-1978 listed grease-duct system in the kitchen of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Topics covered include the impact of the system on patient conditions as well as implications for the workload of the hospital's kitchen staff. Also mentioned is...
- AT NANTICOKE MEMORIAL HOSP.: Working conditions improve. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p8
Reports the replacement of the kitchen at Nanticoke Memorial Hospital in Seaford, Delaware. What prompted the increased emphasis on foodservice facilities at Nanticoke; Number of its foodservice management staff; Features of the kitchen; Advantages of the enhanced layout of the kitchen.
- A Hybrid Approach. // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p8
This article focuses on the kitchen expansion project completed by Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. Neal Lavender, director of food, nutrition and hospitality, claims that it makes the hospital the largest in northern Texas. A new bed tower, composed of 177 beds and the foodservice...
- Renovation Recipe. // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p46
The article focuses on the renovation of the kitchen at the Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital in Amherst, New York. According to the article, the foodservice department, an Aramark account, used around $168,000 to purchase new equipment, move existing equipment and rearrange the flow of...
- Non-Patient Service Drives Hospitals. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p18
This section offers news briefs about trends in the foodservice industry. Results of a hospital census are discussed, including average patient days in 2010, total amount of food purchased and revenue that comes from non-patient meals. A chart is presented that shows the performance of hospital...
- Hospitals tighten ship. // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p37
Reports on the financial performance of hospital foodservices in the U.S. participating in the annual "Hospital Industry Census Report" of the "FoodService Director" periodical. Challenges faced by hospitals in foodservice operations; Average foodservice labor expenses generated by hospitals in...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.